Armi San Marco History Needed

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Armi San Marco History Needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Armi San Marco History Needed

Gentlemen, I really need your help. I am trying to put together the history of Armi San Marco. I seem to have misplaced the file containing all my research about this manufacturer, worse still I am afraid that it may have been in my warehouse which was recently destroyed by fire along with three collectable Mercedes automobiles. Now I am starting from scratch about ASM.

ASM was one of the first Italian manufacturers back in 1960 along with Uberti. Replica Arms was the first importer for ASM revolvers, the first being the 1847 Walker. I do remember an article about this first revolver in that it was so exactly copied from an original that even experienced Colt collectors had difficulty in telling the prototype from an original. Changes were made in the production guns to make sure they could not be passed off as an original. Also, ASM use forged frames instead of castings on many of their revolvers.

Replica Arms of El Paso, TX was started by L.F. Allen. This was sold and moved to Marietta, OH., and then, in around 1973, was sold to Navy Arms. Allen then started Western Arms which became Allen Arms, and then to Cimarron.

I remember that ASM was sold to American Western Arms who only produces cartridge revolvers. ASM attempted to revive its percussion revolvers with limited success and finally closed its doors several years back.

I need sources of information to reestablish the history of ASM and fill in holes. Any help provided will be gratefully acknowledged in out book when published.

Email: rprca@hotmail.com
Web: This page displays announcements of new things happening with RPRCA
New Page 1

Toll free telephone: 866-322-6854

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Are you putting together this information for a Museum?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #3

Default Armi San Marco History

It is for both the book that has been in research for 16yrs. and a museum exhibit.