Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Anyone use FFFG in their shotguns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 01:38 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
No partner you completely missed the point.

I agree! I primarily use 3f in all my ML's.I find it's actually cheaper than using 2f.
I use around 10% less at the same price per pound= Cheaper

I have never had a gun that didn't perform well with it. Just like any other, you have to find that sweet spot, and that's part of the fun of front stuffers.
My 62 GM smoothbore killed a nice buck at 45 yards last year, with 65 grns. of 3F.Complete pass through, and that big 20 gauge size ball makes a big hole.If you can't get Black in your area, then use Pyrodex P for some good results.same as 3F. You use less and get a better ignition, and burn.

;) NEVER..... Approach a Horse from the rear, A bull from the front, or a Fool from any direction.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #22

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

A very sane post. You have experience in shooting and using blackpowder fire arms. I don't know why some people with little real shooting back grounds love to scare people. I have been shooting matches in many western states for years. I shoot quality firearms. Most fellows who travel and shoot matches would not damage their arms. I and many others shoot 1 type of powder. I use Wano 3F in all my match guns rifled and smooth. I also find 3F cleaner and more economical to use. I buy BP by the case and it cost more each year. Some of the scarey post like your gun becoming a "Pipe Bomb" with 3F shows a real lack of knowledge.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
A very sane post. You have experience in shooting and using blackpowder fire arms. I don't know why some people with little real shooting back grounds love to scare people. I have been shooting matches in many western states for years. I shoot quality firearms. Most fellows who travel and shoot matches would not damage their arms. I and many others shoot 1 type of powder. I use Wano 3F in all my match guns rifled and smooth. I also find 3F cleaner and more economical to use. I buy BP by the case and it cost more each year. Some of the scarey post like your gun becoming a "Pipe Bomb" with 3F shows a real lack of knowledge.

LOL! Well, the only diff in 2 and 3f is the smaller granule size of the 3. My friends and I buy our powder in the bulk from Powder Inc. Here is the URL to their web page.http://www.powderinc.com/.We usually buy 25 to 50 lbs bulk. A lot cheaper that way.When we can , we buy their KIK brand of powder. I've found it's as good as Goex and at 13.00 per lb. It's a bargain.That price includes the hazmat and shipping fee.Another reason I like to use 3f, is the softer, easier to clean fouling. As a matter of fact, since I mostly use spit patch and round ball, I sort of clean it every time I ram a ball down the pipe. Another good bargain powder we use at times, is Diamondback! At 11.20 per lb. It's a heck of a deal.

Everyone has their own opinion, but we find 3f to work good in all our ML's and since it's cheaper and cleaner, why use anything else?I do buy Pyrodex from time to time, if it's on sale locally, and never use anything but the Pyrodex P.I've been shooting BP for around 40 yrs, and through trial and error, (Lots of error) This is what I find works best for me.....JMHO

;) NEVER..... Approach a Horse from the rear, A bull from the front, or a Fool from any direction.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:30 AM   #24

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Good post. I live 7 miles from Bear River Powder Co. I can P/U Goex in bulk for $10 bucks. I do like the KIK powder. I think it is the best pistol powder I have ever used. The 3F works great in the Flint Locks. In fact I have used 3F KIK in the pan with great results. Thx for you up date on the Powder Inc price on KIK.