Anybody have any thoughts on the CVA Electron? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Anybody have any thoughts on the CVA Electron?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 03:55 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I got a CVA Electra today, I will fire it within the next two weeks.
Maybe I will crono it etc. and give a report.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:00 AM   #22

they may be more reliable than a side lock, but as far as in-lines a 209 primer seems to work just fine. the electra is illegal to hunt with here in Iowa anyway, you can't use an elctric aid to hunt, wich is exactaly what electronic ignition is.

Old 06-27-2008, 06:22 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffo63 View Post
,,im just ole-fashion im not the (electric spark) type,,thanks
Like you I'm old fashioned too. I like the good old rock locks and percussion caps.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

It's been my experience that many of the in-line afficionados are the types of hunters that aren't satified with filling their one or two tags - they also buy tags for the wives, girlfriends, mother's and fathers...and at the end of the season they're bragging about taking 7-10 deer. I'm a traditionalist - side lock percussion - just like in the old days (primitive). One shot, one deer. In lines have no place in a traditional muzzleloading-only season, IMO.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-01-2008, 01:01 PM   #25

Default Electronic ignition ???

I would not have one if you gave it to me, I use an t/c Renegade side lock in .54 cal with iron sights, it is what I refer to as my tommy whakker, and it has layed down her limit every year since I can remember, the only thing I can think of that I have improved is I swaped out the number 11 nipple for one that uses musket caps, in fact I was thinking of getting a flint lock just to get back to the old school way of doing things.
we all know what happends to batterys when they get cold anyways!!!

If you run your just going to die tired!!!

Old 08-04-2008, 05:38 PM   #26

Default gunsandoptics.com

For my money, it is one more thing to go wrong. I believe, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I like the 209 primers, they go bang every time. Dan

Old 08-05-2008, 03:21 AM   #27

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

I'm odd I see inlines as OK if you want to hunt with a flintlock go right ahead. But this is getting to be too much Savage has a "Muzzle Loader" that you can use Regular smokless powder in it now we got this electronic gizmo that when you see the biggest buck of your life it will not work and your battery indacator light will be blinking LOW LOW LOW LOW over and over. Like guns said if it ain't broke why are you fixing it.

If you want to use teh savage or this new battery operated HOJ then they should be allowed to be used only during regular rifle season.

I hate batteries. Why you have watch batteries, AAA, AA, C, D, 9v, 6V, 12V lead acid, gel nicad, NiMH nonrecharable recharbable. Nothing every uses the same batteries I have 6 remotes some use 2 AA one uses 3AA one uses 2AA another uses 4 AAA and one uses 1AAA good god man Now we are going to have to carry AAA, AA, C, D, and a stinking $10 9v battery when we go hunting. I would rather carry ammo and a mag and compass that laser range finder, GPS, battery operated gun, battery operated lights ect....... By the time you get the battery operated gear and spare batteries you can't carry anything else.

Just like I told my Squad leader in the Army when you need it the most your batteries are going to die or be dead. I almost killed 4 people because I was forced to wear a pair of AN-PVS7B night vision goggles on a night that I did not need them. I was driving a 80,000# truck and trailer down a dirt tank trail at Fort Hood guess what on the way down the steepest hill the batteries DIED and I could not see the fact that the 2 HMMWV's had come to a complete stop in the road unill I got the god forsaken things off my face. It is fine and dandy that you need all these batteroperated gizmos. Believe me I am a gadget junkey but batteries are man made and there for are prone to failure and when they do it will be at the wrong time and may cost you a good shot or a shot at all.

Last edited by cpttango30; 08-05-2008 at 03:30 AM.