Anybody have any thoughts on the CVA Electron? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Anybody have any thoughts on the CVA Electron?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

It's like politics here. I will not change your mind and you will not change mine. Either you agree with me or you don't. No problem! Also, I was not stating that our fore fathers were necessarily using legal and ethical means to harvest game. I was merely saying that as long as what we are using is legal and ethical the arms of our fore fathers are my preferred manner of hunting. Have a good day

Old 03-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #12

Likes Given: 1

Default It's the Hunt

Everyone has there opinion & we the People have screwed up in our past.
Many speice's of once upon a time Hunted animals are no more to be found.
Time has changed & the Need has changed, in today's world & it should be
in the Sportsman mind about the Hunt, not the Kill.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy View Post
...it should be
in the Sportsman mind about the Hunt, not the Kill.
Correct!! That should be a major factor.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:25 PM   #14

..well to every man his own hunt or harvest,what ever neat word you want
to use???but i myself have not found a good reason for myself to go
inline,and a scope,and now electric spark, P.S see that pistol
in my aviater,,some around these parts dont like that either,but
cant please them and the deer too...LOL

..I UPHOLD THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BARE-ARMS..

Last edited by fluffo63; 03-15-2008 at 11:28 PM.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:16 AM   #15

Now for me, a 155 round fired out of a M109SP timed for an air burst over the target. Now that’s American innovation

Allons
Find The Bastards – Then Pile On.
George S. Patton 1968

If you can't get behind our Troops
Feel free to get in FRONT OF THEM.

The idea of an automatic weapon is to set up a wall of fire accuracy is not the objective.
http://www.3rdhowitzerbattery11-acr.com/

Old 03-22-2008, 12:00 PM   #16

I have come late to this discussion but the use of electricity intrigues me, so I hope someone might give, or refer, me to some basic information about the "CVA Electron."

My question is directed toward using an electrical spark in place of primer, and then what kind of power or secondary would be used after that.

Pardon me if my questions are embarrassingly basic.

yt2m

Old 03-24-2008, 11:22 PM   #17

[QUOTE=seedy;18261] A few years ago Remington came out with an centerfire bolt rifle with electronic ignition. I never made it commercially probably because it needed a special type of cartridge. :/QUOTE]

FYI: The only thing special about the ammo for the Remington Etronx was the primer. Other than that everything was the same with the brass, bullet and powder.

Old 03-25-2008, 04:23 PM   #18

[QUOTE=Dcomf;19930]

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedy View Post
A few years ago Remington came out with an centerfire bolt rifle with electronic ignition. I never made it commercially probably because it needed a special type of cartridge. :/QUOTE]

FYI: The only thing special about the ammo for the Remington Etronx was the primer. Other than that everything was the same with the brass, bullet and powder.
So, correct me if I am wrong with the basic mechanics of it but it looks like it went like this--

1. instead of percussion against the primer, which agitates the anvil creating a spark which ignites the gunpowder

I assume this model did not have an anvil. I am thinking a wire or two to carry the electrical charge into the cartridge.

rear end of the cartridge would have to be shaped differently -- have the wire soldered in so the powder did not blow out backwards.

theoretically nowadays the primer could be ignited by pressing the button, like on a cell phone or keyboard...

just found this link: http://www.metalstorm.com/index.php?src=news&prid=77&category=Latest%20Video %20%26%20Live%20Firings

-- Australian company called Firestorm apparently is making electronic ignition firearms.

Last edited by you_talkin_2_me; 03-25-2008 at 04:37 PM. Reason: more info

Old 03-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #19

Default Dan

I think it is one more thing to go wrong when you have a nice buck in your sights. I prefer the 209 primers (vs.) the electric ignition. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I have read where some jurisdictions will NOT allow it to be used during black powder season because of the ignition source.

Buy a TC Triumph would be my 2 cents worth. Primers are cheap and they go bang every time, especially so in a closed breech weather proof set up like the Omega, Encore or the newer Triumph. Dan

Old 03-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsandoptics.com View Post
I prefer the 209 primers (vs.) the electric ignition. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I have read where some jurisdictions will NOT allow it to be used during black powder season because of the ignition source.
1. "I prefer the 209 primers (vs.) the electric ignition. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. " Don't you see the humor in this remark in regards to this thread? "209 primers (vs.) the electric ignition" what about #11 percussion caps vs the 209 primers? What about flint vs the #11 percussion caps? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

2. "I have read where some jurisdictions will NOT allow it to be used during black powder season because of the ignition source." Some jurisdictions tried just this when the inlines came out. Generally did not hold up to politic and the crying and tears of those who wanted to invade the primitive firearms seasons with modern guns.

Again, if you want modern, go modern and leave history, primitive, fore father's firearms, tradition alone.