Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Anybody have any thoughts on the CVA Electron?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 04:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Anybody have any thoughts on the CVA Electron?

I want one!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

from what i seen so far they seem pretty kool

Old 01-08-2008, 01:49 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

They are a pretty neat idea. However i feel that they should not be allowed to be used for muzzle loading seasons.

But then again I am a crochety old codger who thinks that muzzle loading seasons should be side lock only.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #4

Default just not 4 me..

,,im just ole-fashion im not the (electric spark) type,,thanks

Old 03-06-2008, 02:46 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think its a great idea. A few years ago Remington came out with an centerfire bolt rifle with electronic ignition. I never made it commercially probably because it needed a special type of cartridge. Using it in a blackpowder setup eliminates this problem. Maybe if Savage would come out with a muzzle loader that uses smokeless powder with saboted high velocity bullets?

Old 03-07-2008, 06:11 PM   #6

Why? IF you want modern, go modern. The progression of new fangled "black Powder" firearms is crap. I don't mind the fact that they exist, I hate the fact that they are passed off as Primitive. That goes for in-lines too! There, you asked for my opinion and there it is. While I’m at it, don’t come back with “If Daniel Boone or the like had them available, he would have used it.” Of course he would have but he didn’t. It’s like showing up at a Civil War re-enactment with an M-16 spouting that if they would have had M16’s they would have use them so M16’s should be legal.

Old 03-07-2008, 11:56 PM   #7

Default its about time...

well said Ed21..that was great i dont have to say a word,
but they are about as primitive as a 30-06 that is what the
pochers do here in WV, the spark gun,,the inline,,has spoiled
the tradition of black-powder hunting..there reason for making
a in-line legal and with even a scope,,on the trap was to
make it more of a lethal kill..what a joke myself i have taken
alot of deer with a percushion rifle,its shot placement..
to every man his on thang-and-bang...LOL

..I UPHOLD THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BARE-ARMS..

Old 03-10-2008, 01:03 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sounds like you guys have strong opinions about what primitive hunting regs should be. I would contact your state legislative or fish and game about this. There are a couple of things in play here, one is the respect we have for our forefathers and what they had to do to put food on the table,using the tools that they had availible. The other has to be American inovation which is to constantly improve something that works to make it work better.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedy View Post
The other has to be American inovation which is to constantly improve something that works to make it work better.
That's not the point. I'm all for innovation and making life better. Primitive firearm seasons were not established under that premise. The legal and ethical taking of game using firearms of our forefathers was generally accepted as the object. The process, due to politics, has become bastardized over the years. Like I said earlier, I have no problem with the newer inline and electronic firearms. I just do not agree they address the original intent of the season. For that matter, I do not agree with the BP substitutes either. Pre 1840? Pre 1860, maybe. Not later however. A limit should be determined. Establish rules, regulations, seasons, etc. for all of the modern stuff but by no means trivialize the primitive firearm seasons with modern innovations.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:35 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think most people that use blackpowder for hunting do so for extended season and the chance of putting more venison in the freezer. For me thats not an issue since my wife can barely make beef from the butcher presentable. The ethical and legal restrictions on hunting didn't come into being until the end of the nineteenth century when game populations became severley depleted from over hunting. From that time came the birth of the American sportsman. Alas our fore fathers were not conservationists or sportsmen. They hunted for food and survival. Remember the story of the passenger pigeon that was hunted to extinction. Those were the days! Firing into flocks of thousands of birds with 8 gauge double barrel punt guns. Now thats American inovation