Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Anybody familiar with the Traditions Buckskinner percussion pistol?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default Anybody familiar with the Traditions Buckskinner percussion pistol?

Traditions Buckskinner - I found one for sale at a seemingly great price, online. All i know is that it is a 50 cal BP pistol, and it looks about like i want my first BP pistol to look. Anybody used one, owned one, ogled one with lust?

I had planned on ordering a similar pistol, the Traditions Trapper pistol in 50 cal, also percussion, but the Buckskinner is on sale for $100 less than the Trapper. The Trapper appears to be a virtual knockoff of a discontinued ThompsonCenter pistol.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well, for $150, I'm gonna risk it. I'll post up the results after i get it out to the pit.

Old 12-31-2009, 04:08 PM   #3
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Look forward to the review. Do you already buy it?

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Still trying to figure out the accessories to get with it; i should place my order by 6PM. (i'm sure it will sit there until Monday, though)

Last edited by orangello; 12-31-2009 at 06:53 PM.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

You probably already have this list:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f22/suggestions-first-bp-pistol-19749/#post182320

The idea is to buy the right accessories to make reloading and clean-up easy and quick, so they don't become a "chore".

You WILL get hooked on BP!

TXnorton

Old 01-19-2010, 10:30 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well, my new BP pistol came in the Fedex today! I R JAZZED! I am very happy with the appearance of this closeout special pistol. The sights are more rudimentary and historically imperfect than i had hoped, but that seems correctable and probably won't impair the fun factor very much at all. I will just buy the BIG targets.

I won't get to try this thing before the weekend, but i will try to post some pics of the results and the pistol when i'm done perforating the barnside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXnorton View Post
You probably already have this list:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f22/suggestions-first-bp-pistol-19749/#post182320

The idea is to buy the right accessories to make reloading and clean-up easy and quick, so they don't become a "chore".

You WILL get hooked on BP!
My bad TX; i did have that marked from the other thread. I was trying to figure out which "kit" to buy from Traditions. I decided to try to pick these items up locally.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #7

orangello, I happen to own a Traditions 50 plainsmen. It was my first BP pistol. It is not the best one that I have now. For me it was agood starter piistol. The one that I started shooting at 25yd. I was lucky enough to come across TC Patriot 45. It is a good shooter..........Set triggers and adjustable rear sight. I use this at club shoots. But I also use my Ruger Old Amy revolver, adjustable rear sights. The Traditions is a good pistol start with. You can't go wrong buying it. Black Powder is just fun to shoot......
so have fun..

MUZZLESMOKE