Accidently Shot ramrod out of barrel - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > Accidently Shot ramrod out of barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 03:57 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Very common screw up. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. Gun should be fine.

Never heard of anyone ever doing it a second time.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

now you earned the name Ram Rod, glad to hear you only got the sh!t scared out of you and a bloody nose, it couldve been worse.

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 03-31-2009, 08:23 PM   #13

Oh boy have we been there and got the black eye for our efforts. I once shot the loadingstick from my .72 cal matchlock. Here in Germany at least barrels are proofed with a 5 x standard load shot three times so do not loose too much sleep about the barrel.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:39 AM   #14

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Not to make fun of you as I can see it happening to a lot of new bp shooters. But I would have loved to see the look on your face after you picked yourself up and put yourself back together. I can see hat knocked crooked you sitting there dazed like a stoner and your front stuffer laying on the bench smoking like a hooker after a call.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #15

Not as stupid as the look on what was left of my face after my powder flask blew during a show, talk about a blackpowder tatoo and no eyebrows or beard left to speak of.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #16

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

A friend of mine once double loaded his in-line, without knowing (he should have). Apparently, he had left the load from the previous season as he did not shoot anything. He went to sight in before the new season, and re-loaded the rifle. He sat on a 5-gal bucket and shot at 50 yd target. Rolled him off the bucket and bloodied his nose. He had had it checked out, and all was good. He proceeded to kill a big doe that same season using the same gun. He won't do that agian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!