Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket > 209 nvs 777 trajectories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default 209 nvs 777 trajectories

I am converting from Triple seven pellets to Blackhorn 209. and have conflicts with book values for 295 and 270 grain 50 caliber Powerbelt bullets in increments to 100 yards
using 80 and 100 grains of 209
The charts I have suggest that at equal MV of two Pyrodex pellets will equal 100 grains of 209 and that does not seem correct.

2X50 grain Pyrodex pellets with a 270 grain bullet =MV 1790 from Powerbelt info
100 grains of 209 = MV1764

2X50 grain pellets with a 295 grain= MV 1670
100 grain of 209 with 295 grain bullet = MV 1683

Since the 209 folks only furnish velocities and not trajectories I am assuming that the same MV will give similar trajectories.

what are your experiences?

Thanks for any help

montveil in the NC mountains
Salute
All persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the armed forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here