1862 Uberti Pocket Navy cap jams ? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Blackpowder & Musket >

1862 Uberti Pocket Navy cap jams ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1733 Times on 901 Posts
Likes Given: 3667

Hoping for some warm weather here. Gonna get down to 9 tonight. Brrrrrrrr.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:50 AM   #12
KAB

Default Heck of a deal !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdstrain49 View Post
FYI, first range session, no cap jamming, no malfunctions of any kind. Still using stock nipples plus the modified washers to compensate for the nipple wells that were set too deep from the factory. The new (on order) nipples from TOW may go on the Navy instead, Police doesn't need them.
Heck of a deal there RD , cool , minor problem solved .
How do you like the Police ? Very pretty gun from the pics I have seen . I need one of those too now, screwed up and showed the wife
Now she wants one of those too , I created a gun monster .

Old 02-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #13
KAB

Default 9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
Hoping for some warm weather here. Gonna get down to 9 tonight. Brrrrrrrr.
9* , brrr , ha ha ha , now you get your turn of this crap . I had my fill already , ice , snow , rain , YUK .................
And the wind chill on the Ohio River has to make your 9* about minus 9* am sure , holy moly batman thats gonna be a cold one tonight . Better be dreamin about hot smokin guns in the sunny Kentucky weather in Summer to keep ya warm tonight .

Old 02-26-2014, 09:23 PM   #14

I've got a Police model too. I recall having that same problem, only I haven't shot it in a long time because I can not get the durn thing to fire reliably at all. One cylinder works fine, the next I have to double or triple strike, or replace the cap before it will fire at all. I've asked people, and can't get any helpful answer. I know nothing about black-powder guns, but I wanted it because it is such a nice looking piece. Could this issue be effecting my gun too? Care to let me in on the secret? I'd love to get it so it will go bang whenever I pull the trigger. I mean, the reliability is horrible. Less than half the shots will fire. The caps SEEM to fit fine, but I don't know how it's even supposed to look.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #15

Liked 2155 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 1393

The caps should fit tight. They need to be pushed just a little. If you don't need to push them on, they are the wrong size.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:21 AM   #16
PRM

Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Johnny45,

I have four of the 2nd Generation Colts that I shoot on a regular basis. All of them have the Tresco nipples and it's really rare that I have any issues. I also crimp the caps slightly for a tighter fit. Been doing that since the 70s.

I'd change the factory nipples out. It's a fairly inexpensive upgrade for the results you get.