Your .22 Zero

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Your .22 Zero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 03:42 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Your .22 Zero

I was just interested where your Zero is on your .22 lr and your .22 magnum rifles are. Curiosity mostly. My Savage .22 lr bolt gun is zeroed at 50 yards with a Simmons 3-9-40. My Marlin .22 magnum bolt gun is also zeroed at 50 yards with a Simmons 6-20-50 scope. I was thinking about pushing the magnum out a little farther say 75 yards or so. Your ideas and input on your setups are appreciated guys. Thanks.
Doc

"If you are a warrior who is legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon,
then you become a sheep, pretending that the bad man will not come today."

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-23-2008, 05:16 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

My zero is where the factory set it. I just walk it in from there.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:40 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

My Ruger 10/22's are zeroed at 25yd. No change to 50yd....same POI. I shoot silhouette with one of them. Total of about 30 clicks will get me on at 100yds I think.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:41 AM   #4

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

The one I hunt with is zeroed 50 yards. The one I plink with is zeroed at 100 yards. The 100 yard zero is with a Weaver KT-15 15x40mm scope on it. I zero it at 100 and set the knobs at zero and come back to fifty and see how much I have to take out to get in the bull.

Normal sight in for a 22lr is 50 yards normal sight in for a 22mag is 75 to 100 yards.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:33 AM   #5

Thanks for the input guys. I think that I will push the zero on my .22 mag out to 75 yards.
Doc

"If you are a warrior who is legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon,
then you become a sheep, pretending that the bad man will not come today."

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.