Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Winchester model 77 tube fed, should i?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Winchester model 77 tube fed, should i?

the lgs has one in relatively decent condition. i didnt look at it too much because i was on a time limit. apparently it's kind of rare. wikipedia says there was about 217K of this model made but only 10% where tubers. it's a little more than i have but the shop has lay-a-way. my marlin 60 is currently in pieces so i have no semi auto to have fun with (not that i have much ammo to feed it). i think the tag said $200, i have $180 in my wallet so i could get it out next month (fixed income). i suspect they'll have more ammo by then as they had a little more today than they did this time last month. what would you do? i cant go back out today but i can probably get a ride tomorrow.

sure, lets ban guns. but let's ban murder and cocaine first...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #2

Liked 696 Times on 447 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Those 77's are fine rifles. I've shot many of both the tube and box magazine ones.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

one thing that really intrigues me is that it's a "good" winny (has to be, production ended in '63). what the real difference is, i probably wont be able to tell but it's interesting non the less. they had another gun i want too (marlin xt22tr; i like tube mags), so if i do put this on lay-a-way, i'll probably put that on lay-a-way too.

sure, lets ban guns. but let's ban murder and cocaine first...