Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Winchester Model 72-22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 09:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Winchester Model 72-22

my dad let me borrow his .22 for a plinking club that a few of my friends are in, where do these stack up? about how old is this? it says long and long whats that mean? any other info could be great, are there scopes that I could attach without making it permanent? needless to say, Im a crazy nOOb

Thanks guys

Miles

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #2

bump

is this a decent plinking gun? whats its range with iron sights?

any input is welcome

Miles

Last edited by randommj; 02-22-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #3

not too bad for my first time at a shooting range, (the far right wasnt me) (pic was from 25 yards)

I did find our how blind I am in my right (shooting) eye, at 50 yards, I couldn't even see the small targets to shoot at them, any remedy for this? is shooting lefty the only option?

Miles

Old 03-04-2010, 09:25 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Miles: That's a nice little Winchester, made between the late 1930s to the late 1950s. I believe it is designed for .22 short, long, or long rifle cartridges--what you probably shot were .22 LR (long rifle) which is most common and available in the bulk boxes. This can be a fairly valuable .22 depending on condition, i.e. can go over $500++. I'm not sure if scope mounts are available for it--you may not want to modify it if it is in original, nice condition--just shot it with the factory iron sights.
Nice gun--enjoy and be safe!

"Adversity does not make a man--it reveals him"

Old 03-05-2010, 02:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileman View Post
Miles: That's a nice little Winchester, made between the late 1930s to the late 1950s. I believe it is designed for .22 short, long, or long rifle cartridges--what you probably shot were .22 LR (long rifle) which is most common and available in the bulk boxes. This can be a fairly valuable .22 depending on condition, i.e. can go over $500++. I'm not sure if scope mounts are available for it--you may not want to modify it if it is in original, nice condition--just shot it with the factory iron sights.
Nice gun--enjoy and be safe!
hey thanks for the info! I had no idea that it could be worth so much, I wont mod it because its not mine to mod, its dads, Im looking into a mosin of some kind

thanks again for the info!

Miles