Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Winchester 72A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Winchester 72A

Greetings to the forum.

Since I was a yout - I have used and enjoyed a fine old Winchester 72A .22 tube feed bolt action with a Weaver J2.5 glass. The bolt handle broke some years back - and in my last move - I have lost the bag and contents of parts!
Anyone know of a loose bolt assembly out there for the 72A. I missed on on auction last month by a matter of minutes. They seem to be a scarce commodity. I have been haunting most of the popular web sites.

I did find one at a vendor - for about 1/2 the value of the rifle - maybe I'll just have to pay the piper - hope not though.

Ideas please!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-09-2009, 03:20 AM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

There are a few places I would start.

First head over to Rimfire Central and hit the winchester section. I am not sure but I see guys on there giving stuff away all the time. You can learn so much about the wonderful world of Rimfire shooting at RFC. I am suporting member there and so is my dad who is known as a diehard Mossberg collector.

Then try Numrich Gun parts.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:18 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll check the Rimfire site - have been haunting Numrich and e-gunparts and Wisners, ect. Will keep looking though - too good an old shooter to retire it to parts.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Win 72a Bolt

OK - long past time to revisit this thread - I ended up buying a parts gun for the bolt I needed. So great to have my old '72a back in service. It is one of the favorites for the grandkids to shoot at the range, and with bolt action, they don't burn thru rounds so fast.

However, I will always be on the lookout for a viable Winchester 72a bolt assembly, even one with a broken handle.

I am continually monitoring the parts sites, but this is a popular needed item, as the handle is prone to breaking at the threads and can be repaired, but often wasn't.

So, any ideas folks are appreciated.

Thanks

Old 08-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #5

Liked 696 Times on 447 Posts
Likes Given: 225

They recently sold two model 72 bolts on Ebay. Both went around $100

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.