Winchester 255 takedown? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Winchester 255 takedown?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 02:33 AM   #11
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Shotgunkelly,Finding an owners manual for one of these will just be luck.
If there are any gunsmiths near you,they can probably fix it for you.The 255 is a pretty simple gun to work on,Push out the receiver pin and the entire action will just come out.
I have one of these rifles,and they are great shooters.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Txhillbilly,
Thank you for your response. I agree that findin a manual is gonna be hard. And I found the problem, after lookin at it for about 8hrs straight. I had suspected the problem to be something to do with the safety, and I was close. It ended up being the trigger spring where it rides next to the trigger and on top of the safety pin. the problem was that the spring was bent slightly to where it was under the trigger and when pulled, it would not allow the trigger to get its full travel so it could trip the hammer catch/release. So after several times of removing, bending slightly, and installing I finally got it to where it operates properly. Now when the trigger is pulled you can feel a slight "take up" before it contacts the catch/release. Then it is a very fine, crisp release. Does yours have a similar feel in the trigger? Thanks again, now its time to put some rounds down range! This baby is brand new, after taking it apart I can see that it has only been fired maybe once or twice. There is no wear on any of the sliding surfaces of the bolt, and the face of the hammer shows no evidence of where it has hit the back of the pin.
ShotgunKelly