Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Winchester 255 takedown?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 01:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Winchester 255 takedown?

Does anyone have instructions for disassembly of a Winchester 255? My dad gave me his old one and it's been laying around gathering dust for years. It needs a good cleaning.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-23-2010, 03:00 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8325 Times on 3600 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

Owners Manuals -- Winchester Repeating Arms

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:54 AM   #3

Thanks, but I started there and they don't have one for the 255 that I can find. Not sure what it is with this gun but it seems to be difficult to find any info on.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #4

Liked 103 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 102

That's going to be a tough one.

Best I could find was an exploded drawing, but zilch on instructions.
Best advice I could offer would be to ask the folks over at rimfirecentral.com.

Good luck.

Old 01-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #5

Thanks for your help. Dunerunner found it for me here

Old 03-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #6

Looking to buy a winchester model 255. My grandpa had one a long time ago and used to shoot it with me. Would you be interested in selling yours or know of where I could pick one up from. Would appreciate any help.

Signed,
Jon T

Tack76nfd@gmail.com

Old 03-12-2010, 01:47 AM   #7

Sorry Jon, The gun was my dad's and I won't ever part with it. It will be passed down. The only one I have ever seen to be honest is this one. They didn't make them for very long and they weren't very popular I don't think. Good luck finding one.

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy! - Benjamin Franklin

Old 03-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #8

Thanks Buddy, and I completely understand the attachment. I have a Marlin 444 passed down from my late late grandfather to my dad to me that will have to be pried from my cold....well, you know the rest. I appreciate the reply and wish the best to you.

Jon

Old 09-05-2010, 03:02 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This may sound crazy but what I do is check my local Library and see if they have any manuals, I found one for 22 rimfire from gun digest by J,B. Woods. Maybe your rifle is in there.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:12 AM   #10

Default Need help w/ my Winchester 255

Hello,
just signed up to this forum, actually found it searching for info on my Mod 255. Anyway, does anyone know where to find or get owners manuals that are no longer offered from the manufactuer? I have tried to contact Winchester and they couldnt help, I tried the library like SteveK mentioned and no luck there either. I saw the YouTube video ckirby posted and that was cool but not that informational. I just bought the gun at a local auction and got a good deal on it judging by the prices I have seen listed on Gunbroker and USAguns, but pretty much I think I bought a really nice mantel piece. "It dont go bang.", as my beloved granfather so gracefully put it. I cant figure it out, i have taken it apart several times and still nothing. It cycles like its supposed to, but the trigger will not pull when the lever is closed. It almost feels like the safety is on, but its the same either way. If anyone knows anything, please help. Thanks.
Oh yeah, I also looked at Numrich Gun Parts to see if they had a exploded view, and they dont.