Why, why, why is .22 ammo still so difficult to get??? - Page 79
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Why, why, why is .22 ammo still so difficult to get???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #781
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 67 Times on 47 Posts

That's a nice score. I'm green with envy MopowerBMX!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 05-16-2014, 10:43 PM   #782
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default Why, why, why is .22 ammo still so difficult to get???

hey I about Peed myself and cried tears of joy at the same time,..2X in the last Month when I found 22 I could afford. First at a Regional Gun Show, a 225 of Golden Bullets, and 150 Federal Gold Medal Match. Then last week my order for our MAG with my Pawn & Gun Guy came in, 2 Bricks of Federal Auto Match, & 1600 Federal Champions, which we shared with the group(4X400), and i also bought 400 CCI Blazer out of his in store stocks. He bought tons of 50Ct to sell, and $5 & $6 a Piece,..around 10K assd. 22LR's,..and 1500 22WMR.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 05-16-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:31 AM   #783

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Most of the gun shops in this area try to compete with Walmart on ammo. In turn, they lack the sales volume to get off the bottom of the totem pole. Their sales are so weak they order from the same ammo distributor our sporting clays club orders from. Instead of ordering 50 count boxes of gold dots they order 25 count boxes and try to sell them for $25. I can get a 50 count box of gold dots for $6 more at full retail. Why dick your customers around?

Old 05-17-2014, 07:00 AM   #784

Very true. That is no was to earn your customers trust......

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #785
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 760 Times on 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Outstanding!! I hope it wasn't too expensive....one place here sells it for $30 a Box...For that I'll just shoot more 38Spl. & 9MM....

S $7.99 a box DrF

Old 05-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #786
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Most of the gun shops in this area try to compete with Walmart on ammo. In turn, they lack the sales volume to get off the bottom of the totem pole. Their sales are so weak they order from the same ammo distributor our sporting clays club orders from. Instead of ordering 50 count boxes of gold dots they order 25 count boxes and try to sell them for $25. I can get a 50 count box of gold dots for $6 more at full retail. Why dick your customers around?
JD, i think a lot of that problems is they can't order in the same quantities as WalMart or those big box stores that sell ammo. and as such they don't get the same discounting. by the time they mark up to make even a small profit, they are at the higher cost than WalMart.

they are not dicking their customers around, they just simply can't compete with the big box stores in pricing. it's a simple matter of discount buying and economics. WalMart has built an empire out doing it and has gone international with it.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:19 PM   #787

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 65

It's sad when you don't even see the price tag/locator on the locked case anymore. I saw those tags recently at the South Haven Meijer store, but not at Walmarts.

http://Taurus45ACP.com Personal Taurus Pistol site with info and pictures and links.
Taurus Millennium PRO in .45 ACP, Bersa Thunder 380, SIG Sauer SP2022 in 9mm
AR-15s

Former Certified Law Enforcement Officer, Nebraska

Occam's Razor "The simplest explanation is usually
the best"

Old 05-18-2014, 12:11 AM   #788

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopowerbmx View Post
S $7.99 a box DrF

Ok Cool. It's bad enough that it's taking so long to "Get back to Any Kind of Normal " with Rimfire Ammo. It's Making me want My next Long gun to be a .17, because at least that's more available, and less expensive.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #789

Liked 355 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Ok Cool. It's bad enough that it's taking so long to "Get back to Any Kind of Normal " with Rimfire Ammo. It's Making me want My next Long gun to be a .17, because at least that's more available, and less expensive.

.17HMR is by far more expensive than even gouger priced .22. Best you can usually do on .17 is $12.99/50. With sales tax on that you're at right about $.30 per bullet. That makes a 500 box of .22lr have to cost $150 to be even.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:10 AM   #790

Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I"m amazed at the opinions here, some accurate, some...not so much.
But the facts are:
The government is buying it up.....ahh NOPE
The manufacturerers are making less.....ahh....NOPE

Here's the part that hurts. Some of the enthusiasts are hoarders, some are scalpers and some don't really care about the sport, each other or common sense. They are in it soley for the money. It's easy to cast blame...but there isn't a government agency to blame, nor a manufacturer. Our fellow shooters are screwing us. But look at who our real friends are....namely Midway, Cabelas and Bass Pro. They aren't scalping. I always thought that the small shops were the heart of the shooting sport industry. But greed has changed that. This will end....someday. I urge everyone to remember who was fair, who didn't scalp and who stood tall. And never forget those who screwed us. They don't deserve our business, our loyalty or our good words.
People Like This