Why, why, why is .22 ammo still so difficult to get??? - Page 67
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Why, why, why is .22 ammo still so difficult to get???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 10:13 AM   #661
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Remington makes very good PSP 22 wmr ammo, maybe the best. But their 22LR ammo sucks. All of my guns shoot Remington 22 ammo poorly, it's more like a pattern than a group.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #662
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3387 Times on 2291 Posts
Likes Given: 710

My only Trouble with Remington has been With T-Bolts. I used Yellowjackets for years back east, but I have 1 full 100 rd. Pack of that, and about half of another. The GB's have never been an issue for me except in Smaller Autos ( I used to have an Astra 22 Semi that Jammed on them) Only T-Bolts have given me a 1 in 4 failure rate, and that was only 418 of a 500 rd. Brick, the other 82 are still sitting in my Ammo chest...if you can find a Yellow Jackets, I endorse them. If they don't work, I'll pay you for them plus your shipping costs(they make a 3-100 pack if you find it). It's my go to " Exploding Varmint" round,..you should see what it does to Field mice and Gophers, and the GB's blow up water bottles very nicely...like 9's and 40's on an aluminum Cane...imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1397730332.068672.jpg

It gave of itself valiantly for the cause.....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 04-17-2014, 12:16 PM   #663

Liked 211 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 322

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Simple enough. Same thing the Federal Rep. Told ME at SHOT. Now If you believe that They are Buying it for training or to keep it out of our hands,..thats up to you...we know it's not for The Many Gov't Agency Shooting teams.

Well, someday it will be sold at ridiculous low prices as government surplus, same as everything else they buy. Some day the winds will change, and new government potentates will decide they have too much, and it will go on the block for pennies. The whole deal, a total waste of tax money.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:11 AM   #664

No doubting that HM2, Not at all...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 04-20-2014, 05:04 PM   #665

Went to walmart on Thursday night to buy a turkey tag. They had 20 boxes of 550 federal. Apparently the truck came in, the ammo sat in the back room in a locked cart. People could see it in stock and were calling the store to verify. The sporting goods workers were telling everyone who called that they didn't have any. They were looking in the display cabinet.

I bought 2 more bricks. Before I left ( it took some time to process our turkey tags) there were 6 people waiting in line behind me.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #666

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thursday was the day here in south Florida, they had Federal 550 bricks by the ton in 3 stores. More than I have seen in a long time and the limit is still three boxes total per customer. I have not seen any lines for ammo in quite some time it is just that the stores get infrequent deliveries.
My son flew in for Easter and we went to shoot and shot one entire box of the 22lr, 500 rounds of 9mm and 2 boxes of 40 (first time I have shot it). I bought the 40 because there is always 40 available here at 37 cents a round so when 9mm is not in stock I can still go shoot. It seems to me at least here certain stores get in larger amounts than most other stores and possibly more frequently. I asked one of the sales persons who is quite friendly to me and she stated they just have no idea what is coming in since it is always coming form the warehouse (Walmarts) and not the actual manufacture. The 17 was in much larger quantities and they do not sell it so it builds up like the huge inventories of 45 all the stores have now. They get in much more 45 than they sell.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #667

The Gougers are still getting it here First at Wally, and they have caused the Market to dry up except for my Good guy Pawn and Gun place who gets a limited qty of Bricks and Mostly 50Ct boxes. Now the other Pawn shop is fighting with the LGS that gouges people to buy out all the 22's... We can't win.
But one day we will...

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #668
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
The Gougers are still getting it here First at Wally, and they have caused the Market to dry up except for my Good guy Pawn and Gun place who gets a limited qty of Bricks and Mostly 50Ct boxes. Now the other Pawn shop is fighting with the LGS that gouges people to buy out all the 22's... We can't win.
But one day we will...

the best suggestion and advice i can think of is to support and buy from those who aren't gouging us on the price and let the gougers hang onto their over-priced ammo until the market prices come back to more sensable prices.
HM2Grunt Likes This 
Old 04-20-2014, 09:34 PM   #669

Liked 61 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Went to a shop yesterday and they had a federal 550 box for the low price of 125. I almost asked what they would buy one for? Tired of it.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #670
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky80 View Post
Went to a shop yesterday and they had a federal 550 box for the low price of 125. I almost asked what they would buy one for? Tired of it.
Sparky, hang in there. hopefully it will get better shortly. it seems to be getting a little closer to normal in some places.

personally i'll be happy when it does return to normal and the gougers are left holding onto a bunch of over-priced ammo they can't sell at inflated prices anymore. that would be excellent payback for them.
People Like This