You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Why, why, why is .22 ammo still so difficult to get???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #101
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1207 Times on 943 Posts

fishinluke.
what line of business do you own?

btw...when you buy shoes you buy them because you need them. you know they fit so you buy 2 for later. thats normal.
but, buy 10 more.
and buy them during pre xmas a full retail.
thats where 22's are right now.

so in the back of your mind you say...i'll wait until after xmas to get 'a deal'.
so you do and you hoard up.
so now you increased sales for the retailer and what you just did is set the next years high jump for business. companies order based on sales and they 'store it' away until they know you are ripe for picking.
even when you think youre in control of your decision, youre not. the market is. capitalizm is cruel and very deceptive.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/9th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-7-8-9-2017-a-121011/#post1814686

Last edited by bobski; 11-19-2013 at 05:13 PM.
HM2Grunt Likes This 
Old 11-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #102

Liked 29 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm in the ag field and I have a bachelors in business management and a masters in business entrepreneurship and finance. So yes, I've studied at length market theory including, market elasticity. But I really don't care about my credentials, work ethic is far more important, in my opinion.

Our Fear of God and Capitalism has given us the greatest nation ever to roam this earth, sadly both are being perverted into something that the founding fathers never intended either of these principles to ever be. I am and always will be a supporter of capitalism, its the perversion of it that causes it's black eye in the people.

In my opinion, the demand of ammo is a big contributor to it's cost, but it's not the only contributor. Have you seen what copper, lead and other precious metals have been doing? Don't you think the pencil pushers in these ammo companies see the writing on the wall that their materials are becoming more and more expensive due to their lack of supply. (See Link to "Last U.S. Lead Smelter to Close"). What are they to do keep selling at the same prices they have been, everything is getting more expensive? It appears that the lead that is going to be mined in the US will now be shipped to China raw, processed there and then shipped back, but that won't have any affect on the price of ammo, yeah right.

Just take a look at what this administration has done with Quantitative Easing 1,2,3,4...and on and on, it doesn't take a rocket scientist, or a masters degree in business to realize that product costs are going to increase under those financial controls. I'm putting my money in tangible items and equities, I sure am not relying on my dollar to increase in value. And it wouldn't take a person long to realize that deregulated China has the upper hand and is now realizing the potential of capitalistic ideals since the transfer of sovereignty of Hong Kong from the British. Now China with it's new found industrial energy is gobbling up every resource that is available to them.

I had previously said I don't pay over a certain price for my ammo. I'm happy bulk ordering it over the internet (and waiting a year from now to get it) from places like midwayusa where I can get an equitable price. And I will continue to do so, as long as they are providing the ammo at the price I'm willing to pay which is much less than the ridiculous prices in the local stores, that I refuse to pay.

But I for one am not going to be the one that wasn't prepared when ammo prices are out of control and the problem has moved passed the "consumer hoarding problem," and into the problem coming towards us being the regulations we put on our own factories, quarries, mines, manufacturers etc. here in the USA. We cannot compete globally with a deregulated China, India, Pakistan, etc.

But go ahead and call me a hoarder for thinking ahead and looking for good prices. If only our law makers and voters would think ahead at the ramifications of the decisions they are making today, maybe our once great nation would have a bright future.

You are entitled to your opinion, and don't misread me, I am not upset, its good to have these healthy dialogues. I appreciate you thinking at it from the other side. And thank you for your service to this great country!

Last edited by FishinLuke; 11-19-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:35 PM   #103
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

i own a shooting range and you must have fallen asleep during class.

tell me...why do you suppose they limit you to 3 boxes in stores?

bottom line....you guys are rejecting the answer and arguing for arguing sake.
nothing will come of this.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/9th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-7-8-9-2017-a-121011/#post1814686

Last edited by bobski; 11-19-2013 at 07:49 PM.
HM2Grunt Likes This 
Old 11-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #104

Liked 2059 Times on 1076 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
i own a shooting range and you must have fallen asleep during class.

tell me...why do you suppose they limit you to 3 boxes in stores?

bottom line....you guys are rejecting the answer and argueing for argueing sake.
nothing will come of this.
lol! welcome to Firearmstalk dot com......because where else can armed men argue vehemently without having to shoot each other?
People Like This 
Old 11-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #105
Vendor
FTF_SPONSOR.png

geesh.
i can understand defending something important, but when soemone asks for a reason and the answer is in plain view and people defend the lie, i give up.

the market won. they call it being brainwashed.

thinking must be too hard.

bottom line. all you guys with and buying tons of 22, you are the enemy. you are what the market is feeding. everyone needs to stop buying for a season.
but...because your lust to shoot is uncontrolable, and because youre afraid your govt is going to take your toys away from you, you continue to buy and they continue to raise the price.

someone here said it best.....put up the guns and go fishing.
whew.

Last edited by bobski; 11-19-2013 at 07:58 PM.
HM2Grunt Likes This 
Old 11-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #106
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3392 Times on 2294 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski
i own a shooting range and you must have fallen asleep during class. tell me...why do you suppose they limit you to 3 boxes in stores? bottom line....you guys are rejecting the answer and argueing for argueing sake. nothing will come of this.
I'm not being Verbally Combative: like Luke said, we're having a healthy discussion. Stores put limits in place so one person can't clear it all out at once and Resell it,..like 1 LGS near me who buys as much as they can At Wally every day(between the owner & three workers). and resells it for 3X the cost. Still, some find a way around it. I do not feel using a search engine like Ammoseek is "Hoarding." If I Had 35,000 rounds of 22LR instead of 3500......I now buy at least 1-2 boxes of SOMETHING either my Wife or I shoot each week, and on a "pay" week i'll actually shop twice. Ex: I get "paid" tonight at 1Am et. I will still be awake @ 11pm Az. time,..so I will shop. I am not Rejecting "your" answer. I'm simply explaining my side & my needs. If I had 20,000 rounds we'd not need this discussion. Whenever I have excess I "gift" some Ammo to someone who has much less or none at all, esp. to my friends who are on even less of a fixed income then Myself. Do you Give free ammo to folks who shoot at your Range/Club? Last Example: My wife & I volunteer Teach at our Library 1x per week. Our Supv. There is also a 2A supporter and shooter, along with her Husband, But he travels for work quite a bit, and she has no one to go with her, and was in dire need of a basics refresher for at least 2 of her Guns. When She went with us Saturday to our Range(Where my wife & I are Members) we used one of our "guest" passes for her, and got her an Hr. of Ins. with one of the Trainers on Staff,..Plus another 100 Rds. Of 380 for her. I'm sure you have several K of shotgun ammo.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 11-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #107

Liked 29 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
geesh.
i can understand defending something important, but when soemone asks for a reason and the answer is in plain view and people defend the lie, i give up.

bottom line. all you guys with and buying tons of 22, you are the enemy. you are what the market is feeding. everyone needs to stop buying for a season.
but...because your lust to shoot is uncontrolable, and because youre afraid your govt is going to take your toys away from you, you continue to buy and they continue to raise the price.

whew.
Have fun fishing Bobski!

Old 11-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #108

Liked 5756 Times on 3368 Posts
Likes Given: 4889

Somebody needs to get to work on a small caliber plasma rifle, ASAP!

Old 11-19-2013, 11:48 PM   #109

Liked 3440 Times on 2049 Posts
Likes Given: 2626

Quote:
geesh.

whew.
wow...your intellectualism is truly mind blowing.

yes. we enjoy shooting. what other point are you trying to make?

markets, advertising....none have controlled my purchasing decisions in since i was in my early twenties. i just want ammo to shoot if i want to spend a day at the range. shooting is a hobby i enjoy....you need bullets to shoot...are you following me, sweetheart?

your snide and condescending mannerisms will certainly do nothing to change my mind about my hobbies and lifestyle. you want to try an honest and respectful discussion? well... we are waiting for that.....it might have a chance to change someone's mind.....

so far, you haven't brought anything meaningful or relevant to this debate...if you shoot 50 rounds of 22 a year WHY do you even care? its really a discussion that doesn't concern you at all....so....who is arguing for arguments sake again?

look, i don't want to get into it with you....but your tone is snide at best and rude at worst.

Last edited by hawkguy; 11-19-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Old 11-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #110
BRL

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinLuke View Post
...the problem coming towards us being the regulations we put on our own factories, quarries, mines, manufacturers etc. here in the USA. We cannot compete globally with a deregulated China, India, Pakistan, etc...
"There's your problem!"