Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Why, why, why is .22 ammo still so difficult to get??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/why-why-why-22-ammo-still-so-difficult-get-100358/)

hareebrownbeest 11-15-2013 04:02 AM

Why, why, why is .22 ammo still so difficult to get???
 
I found some way way out in Lucerne Valley (CA) and still they wanted 5.99 for 50 rounds of Remington yellow jackets (limit 3) or 79.00 for 1000 rounds. Why the limit of 150 rounds, yet you can purchase 1000? Thats it I'm getting a 9mm carbine. I can find 9mm everywhere cheap

hareebrownbeest 11-15-2013 04:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 126012
My next purchase

DrFootball 11-15-2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hareebrownbeest
My next purchase

The HI-Point? Oy vey...

SSGN_Doc 11-15-2013 04:21 AM

It's still hard to find, because it is still one of the most owned calibers out there. Other ammo hasn't fully reached its full supply levels and prices is still priced high. The recent string of gun panics over the last few years, created many new shooters and prompted people to buy everything up in hoarder mode. People still don't feel comfortable about the steady supply yet, and are still buying competitively, driving the prices up.

DrFootball 11-15-2013 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc
It's still hard to find, because it is still one of the most owned calibers out there. Other ammo hasn't fully reached its full supply levels and prices is still priced high. The recent string of gun panics over the last few years, created many new shooters and prompted people to buy everything up in hoarder mode. People still don't feel comfortable about the steady supply yet, and are still buying competitively, driving the prices up.

Yup,..still hard to find a good supply of "Bricks"...but I'm not trying that hard right now with 3500+ rds of 22...

kaido 11-15-2013 04:45 AM

I feel bad for you guys.....I could race down to my walmart and take a picture of the shelfs and show all the .22 that's in stock.
Only .223 is rarely ever in stock around me, but that was even before the shootings south of the border. I also don't have any actual gun shops around me either though.

Missouribound 11-15-2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaido (Post 1432046)
I feel bad for you guys.....I could race down to my walmart and take a picture of the shelfs and show all the .22 that's in stock.
Only .223 is rarely ever in stock around me, but that was even before the shootings south of the border. I also don't have any actual gun shops around me either though.

Shoot me a price.................

kaido 11-15-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missouribound
Shoot me a price.................

Not sure how it is for civilians, but if seen a company saying only way they'll export to the USA is with an order to a million rounds or more........sooooo unless you wanna get all the guys south of the border in on it.

texaswoodworker 11-15-2013 07:04 AM

I've taken up reloading EVERYTHING I shoot with the sole exception of my Mosin Nagant (still have plenty of 7.62x54R ammo). I can get the components I need with ease. This is also why I don't own a .22 yet. I want one. It's high on my list of guns to get (wanting a Ruger Mark III), but I can't find much ammo for it around here unless I want to pay the overly inflated prices, and you can't reload .22 so there's no point in getting a gun that you can't shoot right now.

kaido 11-15-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
I've taken up reloading EVERYTHING I shoot with the sole exception of my Mosin Nagant (still have plenty of 7.62x54R ammo). I can get the components I need with ease. This is also why I don't own a .22 yet. I want one. It's high on my list of guns to get (wanting a Ruger Mark III), but I can't find much ammo for it around here unless I want to pay the overly inflated prices, and you can't reload .22 so there's no point in getting a gun that you can't shoot right now.


I don't even blame you, I often think about selling a rifle from time to time if I don't use it......then I get a chance to take it out and remember when I like it so much and refuse to sell it. This phase seems most common during our ridiculous winter months.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:28 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.