Why can't I say Enough's enough!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Why can't I say Enough's enough!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Default Why can't I say Enough's enough!

Just when I thought I was done finding new projects for myself "BAM",here comes another thanks to those crazy guys at Rimfire Central.
I have a Savage 93GL 22WMR that is one of my favorite rimfires. It is a great,accurate gun,and other than that crappy piece of driftwood Savage calls a stock I have been satisfied with it. I wanted to get a heavy barreled 93,but they only came in RH. I even called Savage to see if they would make me one-NO.
Then I came across this thread on Rimfire,where these guys are putting aftermarket 10/22 barrels onto their Savage MkII's,and it got me thinking! Hey I could just buy an aftermarket 77/22 barrel in 22WMR and turn it down to fit the Savage action and I'd be in business. So yesterday while I sat around,I ordered a 20" Fluted Stainless Barrel from Green Mountain. Now I'll have to figure out what stock to buy or have made for it and spend more money that I don't need to spend on more stuff I don't need.
Don't take me wrong,I love doing this sort of thing,I just wish I could space them out a little more. It's going to be a kick-ass little gun when it is done though. THB

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2009, 03:14 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I can't log in to rimfirecentral for my web based e-mails. To hell with them in that case. I probably already know whatever I'd come across over there anyway. Screw them! And AR-15.com, and Glocktalk and all of those others who won't accept web based e-mail addresses!

Last edited by Ram Rod; 01-03-2009 at 03:16 AM.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:31 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

ram rod, what do you mean by web based e mails? have you tried just going to yahoo or aol and making an e-mail address?

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 01-03-2009, 04:36 AM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Or gmail, works for me.
cb

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-03-2009, 07:57 AM   #5
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ramrod,I have a gmail account on google and they let me join. I think I did have to tell them it was my real account plus let the mods know what other forums that I had joined. They do that because too many people they and other forums have banned in the past set up web based emails and they are just trying to keep the bad apples out of their forums. I enjoy all the different gun forums that I have joined and some are just a little paranoid I guess. Hell,when I have spare cash I will pay the membership fees that some offer to the members for added perks.After all,it is costing someone to have the site up&running.

Lifetime Member-
NRA

Old 01-03-2009, 02:44 PM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That's weird-I've been a member for years with only a yahoo account. Nobody ever asked me for anything else.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #7

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I use my Gmail account over at RFC.

If you know everything that is talked about over at RFC you sir would be the smartest person on the planet not only about rimfires but all things as well. Seeing as there are a tons of things going on over there.

We have one thread that is up to 95+ pages on What is thread jacking. I tell you what. That is one of my favorite threads. Just to see the Crazy things people post on there.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:02 PM   #8
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I don't guess anyone even read my original post,thanks to Ramrod bitchin & moanin about Rimfire Central.

Lifetime Member-
NRA

Old 01-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Yeah I read it and think it's great. Usually when people buy Savage rimfires, they're content with just trigger job. Be sure and let us know how good it shoots-both before and especially after comparsion.