Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Who's dumber? Me or DicksSportingGoods?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 01:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Who's dumber? Me or DicksSportingGoods?

Hello everyone,

1st post here. I've owned a stock 10/22 for years and have a lot of fun with it. I'm safe the the rifle, but by overall firearms knowledge is limited.

Soooo.....

I went to Dicks this evening and ask for help picking out a scope for my 22. I got home and actually read the plastic blister pack the new bushnell scope came it and saw in big letters SHOTGUN SCOPE.

What I have is an unopened Bushnell Banner 2-7x36 and Millett .22 caliber scope rings. Should I bring them back and ask to talk with a salesman (excuse me sales person...) who is old enough to buy adult beverages?

Or is there any chance this will actually work with the 10/22?

Oh, and back to my original question who is more dumb? The sales person or me???

:-/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-08-2009, 01:26 AM   #2

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The salesperson

Old 12-08-2009, 01:29 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I don't know if it will work or not, but why not have the correct one? Take it back and get a rimfire scope.

The salescritter should have read the package. Next time, you read the package too. Live & learn, we all make mistakes.

Head over to the New Member Introductions section and introduce yourself to the gang when you get a chance.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-08-2009, 02:17 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Shotgun scopes are generally the same as rifle scopes, the difference being the parallax is usually set @ 50yds on shotgun scopes, the same distance as most rimfire scopes and more appropriate for a .22 than the 150yd parallax setting on most rifle scopes.
Rimfire scopes generally have a shorter eye relief and Ive found it difficult to mount them in a comfortable position on the rifle.
Take it back if you want, but if you like the recticle(crosshair)pattern, the shotgun scope will work just fine.
----------.02 Gate

Oh and I would wager you are still smarter than the salesman.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down