Who really makes it?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Who really makes it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 05:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Who really makes it?

I have a .22 rifle labeled as a Sears "Ted Williams" Saddlegun. Model number 340.530430. It was my first gun and I was wondering if anyone knows who actually made it?

I think it is a Ithaca Model Number 49SS, except that it doesn't have the fake tubular magazine. I found a image of a Sears catalog page from 1969 on the internet and it shows the Ithaca 49SS but not the Sears version. 1969 is about the year I received it from my father.

It's in 95% condition....I've taken care of it. Its also fairly accurate. I still have the little owner's manual pamphlet also but no box.

Anyone know what its worth?

thanks.

small-sears-sadle-gun.jpg   small-1969_searschristmasca.jpg  

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by mdw104; 01-27-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #2

Liked 1280 Times on 724 Posts
Likes Given: 612

If it is a single shot lever action 22lr,more than likely it was made by Ithaca. All of the dept stores used to sale their own brand name firearms,but they were all made by different gun mfg's.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club

Old 01-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #3

It is a single action. Although I wouldn't call it a lever action....maybe a lever extraction. Operating the lever only extracted the spent shell, you still had to cock the hammer manually.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #4

Default Maker

It cross references to Ithaca 49SS

Store Brand to Manufacturer Cross Reference | Numrich Gun Parts Corp. | e-GunParts.com

Old 01-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #5

Default Probably Ithaca

I would be willing to bet my paycheck that your gun was made by Ithaca. It is identical to my father's old Ithaca.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:17 AM   #6

Liked 72 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 539

It was the base-line model...and being a Sears-marked gun instead of in Ithaca Trademark, it's value in the very nice condition yours is, is about $125-150...might get more at auction, but probably not much more as it is a true Single Shot...and few want to deal with that these days unless they are Antique Buffs trying to fill up the holes in their collection.

If it was the Deluxe w/ gold plated hammer & trigger...or the Presentation Model w/ all the bells & whistles...lot more $$ involved.

Basically you've got a good solid cheap shooter. Great to train your wife/kids with. That's about it.