Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Where are all the Ruger bx-25 mags? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/where-all-ruger-bx-25-mags-84622/)

molonlabexx 02-19-2013 09:21 PM

Where are all the Ruger bx-25 mags?
 
Hello! Recently I purchased a ruger 10/22. I have not fired it yet but plan to in the next few days. I use it for my primary home defense weapon, but I also keep a 12 gauge loaded in my closet. I have the standard 10 round rotary magazine but want to purchase a 25 rounder for my 10/22. This gives me more ammunition to store in case of a defensive situation. I cannot find these mags anywhere! I don't want to use an auction site or anything like that. Maybe a retail store website.

Also, what do you guys recommend as far as defensive ammo for a ruger 10/22. Something like a CCI mini mag HP, stinger or velocitor. I have been watching some ballistics test on youtube but still can't seem to find an accurate answer.

Thanks

mymaro 02-19-2013 10:32 PM

Best place to find bx mags for urgency is gunbroker but for price get on a backorder i backordered through cabelas for mags took 7 weeks but they showed up at retail price.
Just curious why not use the 12 for home defence?

molonlabexx 02-19-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mymaro (Post 1144705)
.
Just curious why not use the 12 for home defence?

It is a model 37 single shot. I have a 5 shell side saddle with 00 buckshot in the chamber. I need a semi auto. Next purchase is a mini 14 or a pump action. They are pretty cheap. As I always say, the .22LR is not credited enough for its power. Would I bet my life on it? Maybe. Better than dad's baseball bat or mom's scissors.

Thanks for the suggestions. Gunbroker seems a bit out of the option for me. I can't find the mags on cabelas. Mind linking them to me? Thanks!

chloeshooter 02-19-2013 11:47 PM

The Ruger MX magazines were hard for stores to keep in stock before the current shortages hit. They are hands down better than anything Butler Creek makes. I am glad I have a couple of them.....

I think that shotgun is your best bet for shock and awe in home defense by the way. Blast that sucker once then start in with the .22. Not vice versa

GeneralPatton 02-19-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by molonlabexx (Post 1144711)
It is a model 37 single shot. I have a 5 shell side saddle with 00 buckshot in the chamber. I need a semi auto. Next purchase is a mini 14 or a pump action. They are pretty cheap. As I always say, the .22LR is not credited enough for its power. Would I bet my life on it? Maybe. Better than dad's baseball bat or mom's scissors.

Thanks for the suggestions. Gunbroker seems a bit out of the option for me. I can't find the mags on cabelas. Mind linking them to me? Thanks!

Just an opinion, but one shell of 00 Buck will cover quite a bit more area than 5 rounds of .22 Nothing says love like a 12 gauge pointed at your nose. :eek:

molonlabexx 02-19-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloeshooter (Post 1144830)
The Ruger MX magazines were hard for stores to keep in stock before the current shortages hit. They are hands down better than anything Butler Creek makes. I am glad I have a couple of them.....

I think that shotgun is your best bet for shock and awe in home defense by the way. Blast that sucker once then start in with the .22. Not vice versa

Yeah I have heard that the butler creek mags are pieces of sheise. I think my best bet is to just put some on backorder and they will get here when they do.

Thanks for the input. Let's just hope it never comes down to it but in an uncertain world, I need to get my system squared away. I am more attracted to the .22 since it is my newest firearm but I am thinking the 12 GA. might have to ride as my primary. Just so hard to keep up with 2 guns and make sure they are unloaded when I leave etc etc.

bamashooter68 02-20-2013 07:06 AM

I have two 10/22's. I have a few BX-25 Ruger mags and a few Butler Creek steel lipped magazines. The BC mags work as good as the ruger magazines do. Keep in mind this is just my experience with these guns and mags. I like the ruger magazines better and will only buy ruger from here on out. I will keep the BC mags and Im confident they will last for a few years longer.

If I was you I would have both the shotty and the 10/22 loaded and blast with the shotgun first. You need more mags for your 10/22 even if they are the 10rd factory. A reload is a reload. I do agree that the 22 can be effective in a HD situation if thats all that is available. I love CCI ammunition. I have 1000's of rounds of mini mags, stingers, and velocitors. Personally I would use the velocitor in my 10/22 for HD.

Curlyjoe_99 02-20-2013 05:12 PM

I put a couple on back order and then it was canceled. :(
So I grabbed a tactical innovations mag and it seems to work well. they can be adjusted to suit each 10/22's preferences.

i also have a couple of butler creek and one is perfect while the second is temper mental right now but I am holding off until I get my new stock kit before adjusting anything.

If funds aren't too tight for you, I'd try to back order one or two rugers and then get an 'el cheapo and see how it suits your particular rifle. just my thoughts

sweeper22 02-21-2013 04:47 PM

You can backorder them here on Ruger's store.

They're $31.95 +s&h (which ain't great), but it beats the heck outta $70 a piece on GunBroker. I backordered some direct from Ruger in early January, and they delivered within about a month.

molonlabexx 02-21-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweeper22 (Post 1147241)
You can backorder them here on Ruger's store.

They're $31.95 +s&h (which ain't great), but it beats the heck outta $70 a piece on GunBroker. I backordered some direct from Ruger in early January, and they delivered within about a month.

Thanks for the link. I will order these ASAP, as they seem to be the best option out there.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.