What's your thoughts on the future of the .22 mag? - Page 23
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

What's your thoughts on the future of the .22 mag?


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #221
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Havre,Havre, Montana
Posts: 49
Likes Given: 1

Default

Yes is you want one I'll look up the dealer.
2gun is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #222
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
VASH1456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: YUBA CITY,CALIFORNIA
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gun
Yes is you want one I'll look up the dealer.
I was just curious. I am in the process of trying to talk my buddy into selling me his RUGER 10/22 MAGNUM. Has anyone on this thread had any experience with one? I love my 10/22 but, I want a little more BANG.
VASH1456 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #223
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VASH1456

I was just curious. I am in the process of trying to talk my buddy into selling me his RUGER 10/22 MAGNUM. Has anyone on this thread had any experience with one? I love my 10/22 but, I want a little more BANG.
They are an accurate little rifle but not very reliable as a general rule. They have FTE, FTF, Fail to feed, magazines are hard to find for em, and they have some other minor little issues.
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #224
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HunterMarksman338's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fresno County,California
Posts: 152
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

I'm actually considering a .22 Magnum revolver as my first handgun, specifically Charter Arms. It's cheaper and I can take more time to practice with it without spending a ton on ammo.

I first heard about it from watching Lyn Thompson's instructional DVD: Never Unarmed, he discussed in the video that .22 Mag is priced similiarly to .38 Special. So I'm wondering, I can still fire .22LR out of .22 Mag revolvers right?
HunterMarksman338 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #225
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterMarksman338
I'm actually considering a .22 Magnum revolver as my first handgun, specifically Charter Arms. It's cheaper and I can take more time to practice with it without spending a ton on ammo.

I first heard about it from watching Lyn Thompson's instructional DVD: Never Unarmed, he discussed in the video that .22 Mag is priced similiarly to .38 Special. So I'm wondering, I can still fire .22LR out of .22 Mag revolvers right?
Not unless it has separate wheels for the diff calibers. Ruger single six is a good decently priced revolver that gives you that capability.
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #226
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
stalkingbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bloomfield,Ky
Posts: 3,763
Liked 111 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Default

NO you CANNOT fire .22LR out of a .22mag revolver unless it has an extra cylinder chambered for .22LR.
__________________
Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!
stalkingbear is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:47 AM   #227
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
HunterMarksman338's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fresno County,California
Posts: 152
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Thank you for the heads up on the .22 Magnum. My next concern is finding if the prices of .22 Mag and .38 Special really are the same or not. I'll have to browse around.
HunterMarksman338 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:58 AM   #228
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterMarksman338
Thank you for the heads up on the .22 Magnum. My next concern is finding if the prices of .22 Mag and .38 Special really are the same or not. I'll have to browse around.
They weren't around here last time I bought 38 but since I reload I don't really know the prices of 38 ammo anymore
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:34 PM   #229
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 15
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I own firearms in .22lr,.17hmr and .22wmr, I enjoy all of them I'm glad I don't have to pick one over the other. All three have there place. The .22wmr an't going know where. With all the the new loads that have come out. The best thing ever happened to the .22wmr was the .17hmr.
fritzy1911 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:57 AM   #230
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 60
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

i have both and they each have positives. the 22 mag has a heavy bullet with a different mid range trag. the 17 has a lighter but faster velocity and shoots flater. they each have a place in my gun safe...
topcat990 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Is the .22mag going away? northhike .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 34 11-26-2014 12:00 AM
got another Marlin 22mag today.. fluffo63 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 5 08-09-2013 09:10 AM
22lr Vs 22mag rfr4evr .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 14 09-30-2012 05:12 AM
Something to keep in mind for the near future. opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 03-23-2010 08:16 PM



Newest Threads