Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > What's the first few things you do

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default What's the first few things you do

To a new 10/22 Carbine? I've never owned one and today I said to hell with it and went and picked this one up, have a range trip planned for Monday, have a box of 500 22LR's ready to go, could stop by big box outdoor store tomorrow and install something cool if I wanted to, so what's the few first things you do to a new 10/22?

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Last edited by Wiebelhaus; 10-14-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-14-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8043 Times on 4639 Posts
Likes Given: 10380

First thing to do is find out what it likes to eat. 500 rounds will be enough to get you going, but you won't know what works best in it.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:43 AM   #3

Holy cow I think this thing is lighter than my 9mm lol

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:48 AM   #4

Liked 4671 Times on 2258 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

I recently tied a pair of Hot Lips 25 round magazines. Dad passed two hears ago and they came out of his stash. I have no idea how long they had been loaded but was currious as to their reliability.

All 50 rounds went downrange without any hiccups so I've reloaded them and keep them on hand as a component of my Zombie Survival Kit.

I'm also toying with the idea of a reaplacement stock with the AR type telestock so it's easier to adjust for the little one when he gets started in a few years.

Tack

Old 10-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I recently tied a pair of Hot Lips 25 round magazines. Dad passed two hears ago and they came out of his stash. I have no idea how long they had been loaded but was currious as to their reliability.

All 50 rounds went downrange without any hiccups so I've reloaded them and keep them on hand as a component of my Zombie Survival Kit.

I'm also toying with the idea of a reaplacement stock with the AR type telestock so it's easier to adjust for the little one when he gets started in a few years.

Tack
Hey! I saw those at the gun shop but had never heard of them and they didn't have any of the Ruger BX-25's I've heard of but those hot lips are 10 bucks cheaper! Shoot man, I'll get one of those instead, thanks for the suggestion!

Old 10-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #6

Kidd trigger group. You will not be disappointed.

http://www.coolguyguns.com/Triggers_c_7.html

Old 10-14-2012, 02:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Kidd trigger group. You will not be disappointed.

http://www.coolguyguns.com/Triggers_c_7.html
That mag release is awesome.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
That mag release is awesome.
Oh, it is! The trigger is even better though. I have a Volquartsen and a Kidd. The Kidd is better.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Oh, it is! The trigger is even better though. I have a Volquartsen and a Kidd. The Kidd is better.
I'll order one, thanks.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:16 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5451 Times on 2845 Posts
Likes Given: 350

first thing you do to a ruger 10/22 is buy a a few bricks of ammo and go shoot the snot out of it.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This