Whats the best takedown .22 suppressor platform?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Whats the best takedown .22 suppressor platform?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Whats the best takedown .22 suppressor platform?

I'm looking for a second rifle of the takedown variety that can have the barrel threaded for a suppressor. I've got an AR-7 and have found someone that sells seperate barrels. I would like to find a better quality takedown rifle that can have the original barrel threaded. Thanks in advance for your help!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2008, 10:30 PM   #2

My favorite takedown rifle is a Browning AT22, it holds 11 rounds and it's very light with petite dimensions. It feeds through the stock and ejects out the botton so it's great for lefties too. Very accurate and fun to shoot, but they are quite expensive these days. However, Norinco made an exact copy that sold for about $100-$150 new. (which was about a third of what the Browning cost)
The fininsh wasn't nearly up to Browning standards, but functionally it's hard to tell the two apart. Most parts are even interchangeable with the Browning. Aside from the front sight, there's nothing preventing a good gunsmith or machinist from turning down the barrel and threading it for a suppressor. I don't believe they import the Norincos anymore, but I'm sure you can locate a used one for a reasonable price, and it'll still be cheaper than an original browning.

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Old 04-08-2008, 11:53 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Takedown .22LR the best?

Hello all

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

I've tried a few, I've had an AR-7, by Charter arms, Survival arms and henry, My Dad's Armilite was a lot better! I've tried the marlin "Papoose" model in Blue as well as stainless, a mite heavy but solid! Comes in flotable case! I had a China copy of trhe Browning Zappa was talking about, mine was crap, but a friend of mine has one and it works well! Takes me to find the bad one? LOL Anyhow, those are the ones I've tried and all worked, just some far better than others? If I get another, it will be a Marlin, the China Copy of the Browning is too hard to find and the Real Browning is out of my price range!

Old 04-09-2008, 12:54 AM   #4

I like the marlin but I tried talking to them over the phone and talked to their "technical support" but they couldn't tell me about threading the barrel or just didn't want to. I need someone who has already tried this project I guess, but I don't want to buy the rifle if it can't be done!