Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > What .22lr firearms should I avoid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 03:08 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Jeeze,I find my Mk I to be no problem at all to strip down. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #62

Liked 64 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo45 View Post
The Ruger MkII can be a pain to reassemble I've found it to be well worth it.
It's easy once you've done it a few times.

DEO VINDICE

http://blackpowdertimes.com/index.php

Old 08-22-2011, 12:16 AM   #63

Liked 644 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 390

I once bought a new Remmigton Viper. Don't recall any problems with it. I sold it 'cause it was boring.
I also bought a Walther P22 new. It would NOT feed. Anything. I finally sold it back to the gun shop I bought it from. I did very much like it other than that, though. Looks cool, feels nice, awesome mag release. My buddy bought the same gun a few years ago and initially had the same problems. He persisted, and to the SAME gun shop's suggestion, fired a bunch of rounds thru it to break it in. Now he says it behaves nice, and shoots accurately. CCI is it's favorite) I'm thinking of trying another.........

Old 08-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #64

Jennings, raven and I had bad luck with the sig mosquito

Old 08-22-2011, 12:25 AM   #65

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassMonkey View Post
That Walther P22 is crap IMHO. I tested a brand new example at the range (I was the first one to rent it), and it had more FTF than any other gun I have ever shot.
And mine runs all ammo without fail.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

johnr43 Likes This 
Old 08-22-2011, 05:50 AM   #66

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrstarkey View Post
stay away from anything imported by fie
As much as it surprises me, I must disagree. I have a .22 SA revolver (a Colt clone) I bought NIB back around 1980 and it still works as well as the day I got it. I also have a Beretta clone in .380 my wife's father got sometime back in the 70's. After he died in the early '90s my wife found it in a closet and we've had it ever since. Both were imported by FIE and while not exactly Colt or S&W quality firearms, both have been reliable and shoot whatever we can put down the barrel. Maybe their standards changed over the years, but the two FIE imports I shoot have never caused me any problems.

OTOH, the only 22 I've ever had any problems with was a nickle, AMC SA auto - essentially a scaled down version of a 1911 - got in the 80's as a "Pocket" pistol. I couldn't get that gun to fire a complete magazine w/o a failure of some sort no matter what I tried or what brand of ammo I used. I finally gave up, traded it in on a Ruger 10/22 and never looked back.

Last edited by rachilders; 08-22-2011 at 06:11 AM.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #67

Liked 41 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I have a H&R 929 that missfires at least 1 round out of every cylindar and not usually the same position in the cylindar. I also have a Mossy 702 that functions perfectly but is all over the paper with open sights or scope. I have never been able to get it to group well enough to move up from the 25 yd. target to the 50 yd. target. It's best group at 25 yds. is 5 inches. It feels like a toy gun. On the other hand a have a Remy 5 teen that is a 2 MOA with home made Irons.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill

Old 11-21-2011, 12:15 AM   #68

Liked 252 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
You get what you pay for.
not really the taurus PT-22 is pretty decent and fairly cheap and
phoenix arms .22lr is one of the best most reliable accurate and will fire anything pocket pistols of that caliber there is and you can pick one up for maybe 145 out the door?

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 11-21-2011, 12:59 AM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 787 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassMonkey
That Walther P22 is crap IMHO. I tested a brand new example at the range (I was the first one to rent it), and it had more FTF than any other gun I have ever shot.
Not sure what you were trying to run through that p22, but 36 grain in mine is "no bueno", 40is just right
Really nice gun IMO... Able to draw a smiley face at10 yds.

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

johnr43 Likes This 
Old 11-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #70

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default bad .22's

Im not shure its bad gut it aint great, the Davis D-22/DM-22 the tiny stack barrel darringer with the spur trigger.........the funkey mechanism and the 24pound trigger pull make for less than accurate shooting past 6 yards.

http://youtu.be/fQDI5WGbeyU