What .22lr firearms should I avoid? - Page 49
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > What .22lr firearms should I avoid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #481
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default 175 yds and beyond, a worthy goal

I understand 175 yds, hooah

http://competitions.nra.org/how-to-get-started/smallbore-rifle-competition.aspx

http://compete.nra.org/documents/pdf/compete/RuleBooks/SBR/sbr-book.pdf

http://competitions.nra.org/how-to-get-started/smallbore-rifle-competition.aspx

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=520314

http://www.lcsa.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=211&I temid=232

==================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff56 View Post
Good grief. 450 posts of flames many about me. You expect to change my mind like that? Do think I haven't seen what I've seen. I knew this was nothing but a flame thread when I first saw it.

First off - I said I shot my ".22LR" 175 yards often. It's easy. If you don't know that you just haven't tried it. And I know the guy who shot those 500 yard targets. I have shot targets at 375 yards with a .22 so I have little doubt that 500 yards can be done. I'm sorry you don't believe that. It really is your loss.

But please continue to flame me and prove that you don't know shooting. And I'll go back to ignoring you. I really do feel sorry for you. If you asked me nicely I would have made my own video of me shooting to prove to you that you're wrong but instead you just tried to flame me. Did it work? I haven't posted in this thread for 2 months so you figure it out.

If you have really been shooting 60 years and you can't shoot 175 yards you just haven't tried friend. I'm serious. The drop for the CCI SV I often use, which is sub-sonic ammo, is about 18 inches which means I can see the aim point and the target in my scope at the same time.

Have I been shooting a long time? You bet but apparently some of you have too. Why you don't know what a .22 will do is beyond me. You don't believe in yourself or anyone else. That's probably the biggest reason "can't" wins in your life. If you think "can't" then you "won't". It's that simple.

Give it a try some day. Ask one of 100 people on this board that show up every day. There will be more than that. You're wrong friends. You really are. I don't want to show you up. I don't want to insult you. You guys should get out of jr. high attitudes. That's not an insult. It's solid advice for you. You don't read what's said. You add your own facts to what is said. I just don't get you. You work so hard to keep others down that if you used that energy to lift yourself up you'd be a great shooter. Just try it. You might learn something. I won't be back here to flame with you. That's not my idea of fun. You can do what you want. But it's really sad friends. It really is.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #482

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I had heard that Jeff56 fired a 22cal bullet around the world and hit himself in the back of the head.........This is sad as he was destined to be the best 22 shooter on earth.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #483
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3184 Times on 1834 Posts
Likes Given: 2059

A funny thing happened on the way to this posting. I spent (wasted) about 20 min. quickly scanning every post in this thread. Only once was Heritage Arms mentioned, and it was not mentioned as a manufacturer to avoid. The poster was satisfied with his/her revolver.

Many vaunted names, too numerous to mention, were included in the "to avoid" category, including most of my personal fav's.

Recently, I bought a H.A. "Birdshead" 22lr./22mag. revolver, after watching many videos on Youtube, and seeing almost universal satisfacion with the guns. This little 6 shooter is to partner with my old Savage P-24, .22 mag over 20 ga. small game gun.

Not long ago, someone in a forum here mentioned Heritage Arms, and the haters kicked in to high gear with all of the crap they'd heard about H.A. firearms.

Let's here some real-life honest to goodness, 1st person experiences with H.A. gear.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #484
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I would agree with the avoidance of anything related to Bryco arms, Jennings, Phoenix, Jimenez, and any other name that they have operated under over the years.

However I don't see why people are giving the Walther P22 a bad rap. I've had one over 8 years and it has thousands upon thousands of rounds through it without ever having a replacement part. It does tend to get a bit finicky after about 250-300 rounds, but mine is old and well worn so it's not suprising to me. I take it home, clean it, and it then again is ready to fire away. I've even done just a quick wipe down at the range and it's solved any buildup related firing issues. It's not as realiable as a glock, but I find it to be a dam fine weapons.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #485

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I've got the Heritage 22 / 22mag. Birdshead. I've had it for abougt 10 years. Shoots well, but the factory sights needed a bit of "tweeking" I've heard that some had to file the front sight down a bit, but I did not. I wish it had a longer barrel, but I have had absolutely no problems with it. It was a gift for my wife because of it's "old west" look and we both like it a lot.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #486

Liked 137 Times on 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post
I've got the Heritage 22 / 22mag. Birdshead. I've had it for abougt 10 years. Shoots well, but the factory sights needed a bit of "tweeking" I've heard that some had to file the front sight down a bit, but I did not. I wish it had a longer barrel, but I have had absolutely no problems with it. It was a gift for my wife because of it's "old west" look and we both like it a lot.
I too received one of these from my wife, my sights were dead on right out of the box, and its a blast to shoot, and I've never had a problem in the countless rounds I've put through it!

forumrunner_20130214_180358.jpg

Bushmaster AR15 .223/556
Marlin Model 60 .22lr
Marlin 91V .17HMR
Hi Point .45
Mossberg ATR 30.06 (wifes)
Mossberg 702 .22lr (wifes)
NEF Pardner Pump 12ga (wifes)
Remington 870 12ga
H&R Topper JR 20ga
Mossberg 500 Slugmaster 12ga
Winchester Model 190 .22lr
Thompson Center Grey Hawk .54
Norinco SKS 7.62x39
1860 Remington New Army .44
Titan 22 short
Rohm RG Model 23 .22lr
St. Louis Hawken .50 cal
Kentucky Long Rifle .50 cal
H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 20ga

Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 AM   #487

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgersty View Post
I too received one of these from my wife, my sights were dead on right out of the box, and its a blast to shoot, and I've never had a problem in the countless rounds I've put through it!

Attachment 85508
Mine is my avatar....at least for now.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #488
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassMonkey View Post
That Walther P22 is crap IMHO. I tested a brand new example at the range (I was the first one to rent it), and it had more FTF than any other gun I have ever shot.
P22s are crap if you use the wrong ammo. There are 3 in my family and we have NEVER had a FTF in thousands of rounds. We use Remington Thunderbolts for range shooting and keep CCI Stingers in for carry. Never had a problem with any of them; 2 purchased new and 1 used. Can't base your opinion on just one use and not doing some research on the gun before said use!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #489
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
12 club members have bought these pistols under the pretext that german was good ? in both 4" 6" inch barrel lengths all were bullet fussey and every one of them have been moved on to unluckey buyers stay with ruger mad mac
I call BS. They come in 3.4 and 5 inch barrel length, not 4 and 6!

Old 02-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #490

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewserious View Post
I call BS. They come in 3.4 and 5 inch barrel length, not 4 and 6!
Dude--seriously?
--------------------------
They also come in more lengths than that---------

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET