What .22lr firearms should I avoid? - Page 48
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > What .22lr firearms should I avoid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 05:37 AM   #471
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

pretty much what was listed, rave, bryco, jennings, pheonix arms, remington viper.. other then that u cant really go wrong.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:13 PM   #472

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I tried out my friends Taurus lever action and the accuracy was basically non-existent.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #473

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Marlin model 60. Barrel to frame fit WILL work loose. Aluminum frame/pressed in barrel. Soft wood stocks ding easily.
I have a Marlin model 60, thats been in my gun closet for decades, I've never had this problem. Its pretty much been everywhere, in every kind of climate. It was my first real gun, and it was my daughters first real gun.
I'm looking for a Ruger 10/22, right now, and they're still surprisingly cheap for the times. They can be accerized as much as an AR-15. And they break down easily for cleaning and storage.

Those that do not study history are doomed to repeat it.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #474

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzi9mm View Post
pretty much what was listed, rave, bryco, jennings, pheonix arms, remington viper.. other then that u cant really go wrong.
Interesting you should say this...

I've owned many of the brands you've listed and had zero problems with any of them. Just follow the manufacturer's directions and they'll go a long way.

Many problems happen when one chooses to feed hi-velocity/hyper-velocity ammo through these firearms ~ which the manufacturers clearly state that they are NOT meant to be. Several state NO HP ammo.

I currently own two HP-22a's and have more than 6000 rounds through the both of them. Just using Standard velocity ammo ~ just as it is listed in the Owner's maual.

eldar

Old 01-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #475

Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldarbeast View Post
Interesting you should say this...

I've owned many of the brands you've listed and had zero problems with any of them. Just follow the manufacturer's directions and they'll go a long way.

Many problems happen when one chooses to feed hi-velocity/hyper-velocity ammo through these firearms ~ which the manufacturers clearly state that they are NOT meant to be. Several state NO HP ammo.

I currently own two HP-22a's and have more than 6000 rounds through the both of them. Just using Standard velocity ammo ~ just as it is listed in the Owner's maual.

eldar
I was going to say my friend has a Phoenix HP22a and that thing is THE BEST .22 pistol Ive ever shot. It eats ANYTHING

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 02-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #476
jyo

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

SIG Mosquito 22 pistol---probably the worst 22 pistol recently made---and by SIG where you expecy quality! Absolute piece of solid sewage...

Old 02-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #477

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Good grief. 450 posts of flames many about me. You expect to change my mind like that? Do think I haven't seen what I've seen. I knew this was nothing but a flame thread when I first saw it.

First off - I said I shot my ".22LR" 175 yards often. It's easy. If you don't know that you just haven't tried it. And I know the guy who shot those 500 yard targets. I have shot targets at 375 yards with a .22 so I have little doubt that 500 yards can be done. I'm sorry you don't believe that. It really is your loss.

But please continue to flame me and prove that you don't know shooting. And I'll go back to ignoring you. I really do feel sorry for you. If you asked me nicely I would have made my own video of me shooting to prove to you that you're wrong but instead you just tried to flame me. Did it work? I haven't posted in this thread for 2 months so you figure it out.

If you have really been shooting 60 years and you can't shoot 175 yards you just haven't tried friend. I'm serious. The drop for the CCI SV I often use, which is sub-sonic ammo, is about 18 inches which means I can see the aim point and the target in my scope at the same time.

Have I been shooting a long time? You bet but apparently some of you have too. Why you don't know what a .22 will do is beyond me. You don't believe in yourself or anyone else. That's probably the biggest reason "can't" wins in your life. If you think "can't" then you "won't". It's that simple.

Give it a try some day. Ask one of 100 people on this board that show up every day. There will be more than that. You're wrong friends. You really are. I don't want to show you up. I don't want to insult you. You guys should get out of jr. high attitudes. That's not an insult. It's solid advice for you. You don't read what's said. You add your own facts to what is said. I just don't get you. You work so hard to keep others down that if you used that energy to lift yourself up you'd be a great shooter. Just try it. You might learn something. I won't be back here to flame with you. That's not my idea of fun. You can do what you want. But it's really sad friends. It really is.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #478
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1108 Times on 710 Posts
Likes Given: 242

When I was a kid, I used to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and climb a tree in my back yard to eat them. I put nails in the tree to make it easier to climb. My Mother said the nails killed the tree. She ended up cutting it down. Still think about that tree when I eat one of those sandwiches.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #479

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

It's a wonder you hadn't killed dear old ma with those nails. If she used a chainsaw those nails could turn into shrapnel quick. That's why the tree huggers spike trees. And make me a pb&j the next time ok?

Old 02-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #480

Liked 123 Times on 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyo View Post
SIG Mosquito 22 pistol---probably the worst 22 pistol recently made---and by SIG where you expecy quality! Absolute piece of solid sewage...
Agreed love my 226, traded that pos mosquito.