What .22lr firearms should I avoid? - Page 36
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > What .22lr firearms should I avoid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #351
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

[QUOTE=tarawa1943;930477]Walther P22 is not my glock 17 but it a great trainer, target, plinker for some ccdw students. We have had zero gun malfunctions with CCI minimags but other ammo does not work well in the P22. /QUOTE]

Agree.

My p22 wouldn't shoot anything but CCI minimags. Everything else jammed. Everything. I needed something that would shoot any brand or 22lr so I got rid of it.

Just my personal experience.

"magbum"

Old 09-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #352

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Post for the guy with troubles with the tube magazine on a Marlin 39A. If the tube is cartridge plunger is inserted roughly and crooked into the tube of the magazine - it is possible to bend the side of the tube slightly - making the fit incorrect for when the plunger pin engages the tube pin slot.

But this need for care is no different than for any tube magazine gun. The 22's tubes being a smaller diameter due to cartridge being smaller diameter - they will be more prone to damage than a larger cartridge tube - because the tube is smaller and therefore weaker - due to smaller diameter.
This damage is a bending or "springing" of the open end of the tube where the pin slot is located.

All things are not built like concrete in life and a with little casual observance and responsible patience - no damage will occur.
If even if it did - it would very easy to "bend" the tube back into alignment. But, again reasonable observation and care are required to realize that this easy "fix" is possible.

I have had a 39A for decades - no malfunctions. It is joy.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #353

i like all of my 22 rifles and pistols i guess im lucky i do have a problem with a phoniex arms hp22 the slide on the right side at the serations has a crack and i cant find anouther one anywhere. i just got a mig welder and when i get a argon tank i will try to tack it back together. it still shoots with the 5in barrel but wont cycle with the short one. but i dont like shooting with the crack in it

Last edited by daveerator1; 09-10-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #354

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Ruger SR22 or buckmark camper experiences?

Anyone care to share?

Old 09-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #355

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Ruger SR22 or buckmark camper experiences?
I haven't shot the Ruger but I've read a lot of positive reports on them. I have shot the camper and it's like every other buckmark I've shot - fabulous. The Ruger probably will be too. They certainly do rimfires well especially pistols. If I had my duthers I'd get a Ruger MkII with a bull barrel on it. But they're hard to find these days. People will be holding onto those until the end of time I suppose. It's sorta like me and my Sig P220 and my S&W 629 and my Savage 12 LRPV. Some guns you just don't sell or trade or even give away until you die. I have given away some guns I've had for decades to my kids but only because they needed them and I didn't and they promised to take care of them until it was time to pass them down to their children. But some don't get away until I die and a MkII would fall into that category IMO. They're great guns and so are the Buckmarks.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #356

Liked 15 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Which is why when I found a used Ruger Mk I in a store I grabbed it. Great gun.

Last edited by superc; 09-10-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: eleted a g

Old 09-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff56 View Post
I haven't shot the Ruger but I've read a lot of positive reports on them. I have shot the camper and it's like every other buckmark I've shot - fabulous. The Ruger probably will be too. They certainly do rimfires well especially pistols. If I had my duthers I'd get a Ruger MkII with a bull barrel on it. But they're hard to find these days. People will be holding onto those until the end of time I suppose. It's sorta like me and my Sig P220 and my S&W 629 and my Savage 12 LRPV. Some guns you just don't sell or trade or even give away until you die. I have given away some guns I've had for decades to my kids but only because they needed them and I didn't and they promised to take care of them until it was time to pass them down to their children. But some don't get away until I die and a MkII would fall into that category IMO. They're great guns and so are the Buckmarks.
i have shot and like both thay are equall and great guns i have never had a buckmark but i do have a ruger mk11 with a 10in bulll barrel and a red dot sight it is wonderfull and accurate they are a pain in the ass to take apart and you will swear a few times untill you learn the trick to putting the sring back in the rear of the grip but other than that it is one of my favorate.

Old 09-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #358

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Had a Buckmark great pistol,ruger marks great pistols

Combat Corespondent

Old 09-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #359

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default buckmark and ruger experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSTRIKERx View Post
Had a Buckmark great pistol,ruger marks great pistols
I have not shot the sr22 or buckmark, with these replies, I will work on my savings to get to the range. Thank you all.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #360

Liked 94 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Everyone seems to ask about what .22 firearms are good.

What about which .22 firearms are BAD!

Have any .22 firearms you dislike? If so why?
Of the 10 .22s I own I love them all. I did get rid of a real dog, IVER JOHNSON TP22. Couldn't find any .22 rounds where it would not jam. Traded it in on a little Beretta 21A that is far more dependable, it loves CCI Stingers.