What .22lr firearms should I avoid? - Page 27
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

What .22lr firearms should I avoid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #261
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 24

I have had a Smith & Wesson model 2206 with 6" barrel (stainless steel) for 20 or so years and have fired thousands of rounds with total realiability.......The only FTFs came from using Remington Golden Bullets........................I'm not sure if they make this pistol anymore.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #262
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8198 Times on 4479 Posts
Likes Given: 7976

One of my hunting buddies bought a SIG Mosquito. After a year, and about 3,000 rounds, he like it so well that he bought two more for Xmas presents for his sons.

All three of them are avid shooters, and they all think the SIG Mosquito is great.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #263

Liked 229 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadRounds View Post
I have one of those that was found in my father's estate. I thought I knew every gun he owned, but I guess he was too ashamed to admit having the Jennings. It is a POC and I have thought of destroying it, but have decided that a better way would be to wait for a BuyBack and get $50 or a $100 for it to spend on ammunition!
Buybacks are gun grabber bullsh*t. I would sell it to someone for 50 bucks or even lay it on a slab of concrete and smash it to bits with a sledge hammer before I participated in any gun buyback.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #264

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
Buybacks are gun grabber bullsh*t. I would sell it to someone for 50 bucks or even lay it on a slab of concrete and smash it to bits with a sledge hammer before I participated in any gun buyback.
Your solution sounds like the right thing to do, to me - Bill

Old 05-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
One of my hunting buddies bought a SIG Mosquito. After a year, and about 3,000 rounds, he like it so well that he bought two more for Xmas presents for his sons.

All three of them are avid shooters, and they all think the SIG Mosquito is great.
ive said before, the sig mosquito has never given me a problem with CCI 40 gr. i got for my wife in pink, she loves it.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:33 AM   #266

Liked 110 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Avoid herbert Schmidt.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #267

Likes Given: 3

Default Worst .22

I've had (2) pistols that fall into the category of worst .22's:

Ruger MkIII slabside competition. Jam-O-Matic special. I blame the loaded chamber indicator putting too much pressure on the side of the casing on extraction. Forum info I read indicate this was a common problem and removing the LCI often would remedy it. I sold or traded it instead, and have avoided the MkIII since.

Sig Mosquito. Another jamming machine.

Rifles:

Marlin Glenfield 60. Loved that rifle. Worked great as long as it was clean, but dirtied quickly. Once dirty it would start the stovepipe FTE. Micro-groove rifling in the Marlins made them tack drivers, too.

Marlin 39A lever action. Worked fine for the most part, but the magazine wouldn't stay in place. While shooting, it would release and slide out the front of the tube. It never fell out, but you knew not to hang it out over a precipice or water while shooting, or shoot at any angle less than level.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #268

Liked 110 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Sounds to me like the common denominator there is the operator, could be ammo too. Follow the instruction manual and clean your firearm regularly. The manual for marlin 60 says every 250 rounds. Like any machine propper care must be taken.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #269

Liked 86 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
Sounds to me like the common denominator there is the operator, could be ammo too. Follow the instruction manual and clean your firearm regularly. The manual for marlin 60 says every 250 rounds. Like any machine propper care must be taken.
OOOHHH mine hasn't been fully cleaned in about two years. Guess I've been extremely lucky. Maybe I better clean it 50 times back to back to make up for it.

http://blackpowdertimes.com/index.php

Old 05-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #270

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post
The Glenfield 60 was my first rifle as a teen. I took reasonably good care of it from the start, and better care as my experience grew. A lot of it was the ammo. Lawn mowing money didn't buy the best stuff out there, so my rifle processed a lot of 50¢ boxes of whatever they had at Otasco, Western Auto, or T,G,& Y. I just remember how dirty it would shoot. Every shot would add grit to the action, so a gun that started out clean would be quite dirty by round 100-150.