Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > What .22lr firearms should I avoid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #251
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by redscho View Post
The Ruger SR22 solves the FTF and FTL problems. Over 300 rounds through it and narry a hickup. It will take any 22LR round you want with no problem.
I have to agree with that- I bought one for the kids to shoot when I go to the outdoor range and they have 2,000+ rounds through mine and not one single issue!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 04-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #252

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter View Post
Ended up running a range that some expert had equipped with 12 Daisy .22s. By summer's end we were down to eight in safe operating order. The rifles came with adjustable stocks,which when someone was missing the first thing they wanted to do was---. One the barrel liner and barrel became loose, one the receiver was cast and had an air pocket, one was the smoothbore configuration (for "mousekeet", .22 cal trap), and---.
Sometime later I purchased a Ruger Mark II "Competition " slabside, and found after 20 rounds it began to hang up and not chamber fully. A trip to Alhmann's in Moristown to get the chamber cleaned up left me with a super .22.
+1 Imagine a real .22 made more cheaply than a daisy air-gun. Pot metal, painted, hollow toy plastic...
daisy-.22-lr.jpg  

Old 04-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #253
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Morristown !?!?!?? Your in my neck of the woods now! I work in Waseca and know the guys over at Alhman's all too well!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 04-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #254

I can't stop bragging about my Savage Mark II, it is so much fun to shoot. The accuracy is unbelievable.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #255

I have seen a lot of flack on the Walther P22 and I have one and love it. Many are picky on the ammo but mine shoots all types whether HP or not. I have only found one type that it hasn't fired well and I have tried half a dozen or more types. The first 100 rounds I fired out of it were not the best but after that it did and does do great. It really does depend on what one you get and I seem to have gotten a good one. Also I have seen some where the slide just breaks off but these all had the extended barrel. So far I have had zero issues except for the worthless American Eagle Federal ammo. At least I can use the rest of that ammo on my rifle.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #256

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I still have a Jennings .22 that I bought 30 years ago and the box is marked $49.95!! It's a piece of junk with at least a 20 pound trigger pull. I can't believe I even bought the thing.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
Sig Mosquito, worst .22 I've ever had. Only ate cci mini mags, ftf every couple mags. Crappy crunchy long @ss trigger and even longer reset. Made my glocks seem like raceguns.

Love my ruger 10/22 and my gsg 1911.
wow. i got a sig mosquito and its a great little gun, yes it only likes cci 40 gr lr, but i knew that going in, i have not had 1 problem in the first 500 or so rds, guess i got lucky. i dont have a another 22 semi to compare trigger, but i like it.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:30 PM   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassMonkey View Post
That Walther P22 is crap IMHO. I tested a brand new example at the range (I was the first one to rent it), and it had more FTF than any other gun I have ever shot.
My wife has had one of these for almost a decade, thousands of rounds through it with zero malfunctions...If I had to buy a .22 based solely on reliability, this would be on my short list.

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense."

-John Adams

Old 05-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentuckyBob View Post
I still have a Jennings .22 that I bought 30 years ago and the box is marked $49.95!! It's a piece of junk with at least a 20 pound trigger pull. I can't believe I even bought the thing.
I have one of those that was found in my father's estate. I thought I knew every gun he owned, but I guess he was too ashamed to admit having the Jennings. It is a POC and I have thought of destroying it, but have decided that a better way would be to wait for a BuyBack and get $50 or a $100 for it to spend on ammunition!

Old 05-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #260

Liked 123 Times on 75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlock45
I have owned 2 horrible in my opinion 22 LR. The first was the Walther P22, it wouldn't go thru a single mag without at least half or more of the rounds being either a failure to feed or fire (take your pick it was a toss up...lol)
The 2nd one and I bought it to replace the Walther, was a Sig Mosquito. There was no such thing as going thru a single mag without at least 5 or more failure to feed problems. I would never recommend either of the above mentioned pistols.
Agreed... Had sig mosquito junk.... Friend has walther equally junk.