What .22lr firearms should I avoid? - Page 25
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

What .22lr firearms should I avoid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #241
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7964 Times on 4356 Posts
Likes Given: 7694

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Marlin model 60. Barrel to frame fit WILL work loose. Aluminum frame/pressed in barrel. Soft wood stocks ding easily.
I have one. I love it. Beats the heck out of a Ruger 10-22.

Or at least they did before political correctness

Old 04-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #242

Liked 110 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 219

i love my model 60, its older than me [by 3 years] and has suffered serious abuse/neglect before it came to me, yet it still functions and is still dead on accurate [as long as im doing my part]

Old 04-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #243

Liked 2611 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I have one. I love it. Beats the heck out of a Ruger 10-22.
I've been to the range with the Marlin 60 VS the 10/22. I nicknamed the

60 "the typewriter" because it sounds like a secretary on an electric

typewriter going about 200 WPM.

The 60, IMHO, being a tubie, has a distinct dependability advantage over the

10/22. Rate of fire arguably being close to equal, when the Ruger is

banging on all cylinders, the 10/22 has a sustainable fire advantage,

obviously. (when it's not jamming)

Upside of 60s is they're better out of the box.

OTOH, 10/22s, with a little tweaking, can be legendary...

Old 04-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #244

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I have both. I've never had even 1 issue with my model 60. And until I got the butler creek 25 round mags and auto loaders, I could load my model 60 a lot quicker.

I like shooting the 10/22, but it jams a lot more than it ought to of you ask me. All I run through it is cci and clean it after ever shooting. JMHO

Old 04-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #245

Liked 229 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 450

I have never had a problem with the Ruger with the stock 10 round mags, only aftermarket I ever tried was a cheap POS and it jammed, runs like a sewing machine with the stock mags and any ammo I've used, some of it old crap I picked up off the floor of the truck

Old 04-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #246

Stillwater, I did not say that this pistol was good. I said that not all Kel-Tec products are POS. You should read all of a post before replying to it. I am not buying on price alone, I also want a quality product. There is a difference between cheap and inexpensive. I'm disabled and therefore on a very limited budget. That is why I asked the question. If I can find a good pistol for a good price that I can afford I will buy it. Sounds like with all the name brand firearms you have that you have quite a bit more money than I do. Sorry for not being in your income bracket.

To the Gun Smith. Thank you for the info. I was thinking about getting a Henry Rifle in .22 mag and am looking for a decent handgun that took the same ammo. Thanks again for the excellent information on the gun I asked about.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #247

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corwin46 View Post
Stillwater, I did not say that this pistol was good. I said that not all Kel-Tec products are POS. You should read all of a post before replying to it. I am not buying on price alone, I also want a quality product. There is a difference between cheap and inexpensive. I'm disabled and therefore on a very limited budget. That is why I asked the question. If I can find a good pistol for a good price that I can afford I will buy it. Sounds like with all the name brand firearms you have that you have quite a bit more money than I do. Sorry for not being in your income bracket.

To the Gun Smith. Thank you for the info. I was thinking about getting a Henry Rifle in .22 mag and am looking for a decent handgun that took the same ammo. Thanks again for the excellent information on the gun I asked about.
I'm disabled and on a limited budget myself...

That is why I pick quality over price. It is because quality is cheaper in the long run...

And, I did read the whole post, the first time. This is in response to your surly remark...!

Bill

Old 04-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #248

Liked 26 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have owned 2 horrible in my opinion 22 LR. The first was the Walther P22, it wouldn't go thru a single mag without at least half or more of the rounds being either a failure to feed or fire (take your pick it was a toss up...lol)
The 2nd one and I bought it to replace the Walther, was a Sig Mosquito. There was no such thing as going thru a single mag without at least 5 or more failure to feed problems. I would never recommend either of the above mentioned pistols.
USCCA
DC
PAFOA
DEF. HANDGUNS
AMERICAN GUN OWNERS
CONCEALED CARRY
*Concealed means...Concealed!

Old 04-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #249

Liked 98 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 155

The Ruger SR22 solves the FTF and FTL problems. Over 300 rounds through it and narry a hickup. It will take any 22LR round you want with no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlock45 View Post
I have owned 2 horrible in my opinion 22 LR. The first was the Walther P22, it wouldn't go thru a single mag without at least half or more of the rounds being either a failure to feed or fire (take your pick it was a toss up...lol)
The 2nd one and I bought it to replace the Walther, was a Sig Mosquito. There was no such thing as going thru a single mag without at least 5 or more failure to feed problems. I would never recommend either of the above mentioned pistols.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #250

Liked 26 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Redscho: I solved the problem when I traded the Sig Mosquito in on a Beretta NEO. This gun eats all the 22LR ammo I put thru it. I've never fired a Ruger SR22, but I owned a Ruger 22/45 for many yrs. I shot the barrel out of it after about 30,000 rounds and sent it back to Ruger. They replaced the barrel as well as the extractor for "free" and sent it back to me. I continued to use it for many yrs. after that. Next time I go to the gun store, I will have to check out the SR22 and see how it looks and feels.
Thanks for the tip.
USCCA
DC
PAFOA
DEF. HANDGUNS
AMERICAN GUN OWNERS
CONCEALED CARRY
*Concealed means...Concealed!