What .22lr firearms should I avoid? - Page 17
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > What .22lr firearms should I avoid?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 02:00 AM   #161
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
Bunk. The Ruger Single Six is a great little revolver.
Ya and as far as i know it wasnt even mentioned in this thread

God didnt make all men equal colonel sam colt did

Old 01-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #162

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

i will relook at alll of the posts during this week. and i agree that the ruger single 6 is a great gun. if i can find it i will include the post. if not then i will retract it. all i did was a cut and past into notepad.

terry

Old 01-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #163

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

RETRACTION for some reason i included the ruger single 6 in the guns listed as .22's to avoid. THIS IS INCORRECT AND MY MISTAKE. it is my notes for some reason and my screw up. REPETE THE RUGER WAS NOT MENTIONED.....

terry

and again sorry for the screw up.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #164

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Bunk. The Ruger Single Six is a great little revolver.
A few on this list are bunk based purely on one person's single bad experience with any particular weapon. Some others were crap from day one.

topcat990, the Marlin 60 is listed twice with a total of 3 x's. Also bunk, but if you're correcting/editing the list anyway.

You can put another one down for the Rohm 22-Short revolver (RG10). Might have been decent when new but the one I have misfires more than it fires.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #165

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

A while back, both me and my youngest son were looking for .22 target pistols. We both got Beretta U22 Neos pistols in 4" barrels. They are available in 4" and 6" models. If you don't mind something looking like it came from the set of Robocop, these actually aren't bad at all. The ergonomics are decent and they don't cost an arm & a leg. Two mags are included. A full length rail and sights come standard and this is a nice feature. Both of our guns shot very well. One exception was last spring when we visited my daughter in SE Minnesota and we went to a range there (the one that rents tanks to drive). We brought some weapons with us in the camper as we knew we were going shooting. I had a brick of Federal and it had FTF issues. I bought a box of CCI and it went back to firing flawlessly. They take down fairly easily for maintenance. My wife absolutely loves to shoot this pistol.

While not a gun per se, my boys bought me the CMMG .22 AR conversion bolt kit for my DPMS, a Father's Day gift, a while back. Good kids, huh? I have had absolutely no issues with it. It drops in in mere seconds and you can throw small lead downrange just as fast as you can pull the trigger without FTF issues or any issues I've experienced for that matter. I've seen reasonable accuracy considering what it is.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #166

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

My friend bought a Savage brand 22 lr and the other day while we were shooting, it must have jammed a dozen times.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #167

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
My friend bought a Savage brand 22 lr and the other day while we were shooting, it must have jammed a dozen times.
Some of them are picky with certain kinds of ammo, especially autos.

Old 01-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #168

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My Taurus PT .22 came from the factory broken, unable to function in any way at all. Taurus paid for the shipment to the factory, repaired the pistol and sent it back, all in 6 days. Haven't had a hiccup since. Might still have problems in the future, but not at the moment.

Really liked my Winchester model 1890 and truly had a kids love affair with an old Nylon 66. What a gun.

For what's more honourable than scarrs, on skin to tatters rent in warrs?
Samuel Butler, HUDIBRAS 1658

When he goughed out me eye, I saw he was no gent. So I ups and broke 'is arm.
15th Centuary wrestler

Why saber?? 'Cause you don't take heads with the point................

Old 01-15-2012, 04:50 PM   #169

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I too had a remington 22 viper that was crap. It wouldn't shoot anything.

In handguns, the Sig Mosquito is notorious for shooting nothing but CCI mini mags. Anything else, they turn into a jam-o-matic. Plus, the design is such that when it does jam, the round stubs in such a way that the slide coming forward can actually crumple the cartridge, and in some cases, detonate the round. Gun Tests magazine stopped testing theirs and sent it back to Sig after they had a tester who had his forehead peppered with brass fragments from one.

I had a Bersa Thunder 22 for a while. It was very reliable, but couldn't hit crap. At 10 paces I couldn't hit gallon milk jugs with it. My Browning Buck Mark will shoot holes in the cap off that milk jug.

Last edited by Paladin201; 01-15-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #170

I have a Ruger Mark III,use CCI Stigers and never had a problem.