What .22 to buy - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > What .22 to buy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

i dont know man. the 10/22 is a nice gun but i would try the Remington. Remington always seems to amaze me with how accurate their rifles are.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #22

Liked 60 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Don't decide until you've looked at the Savage 64 series.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #23

10/22 definately. I just would replace the factory trigger. Otherwise a fine gun.

wisdom comes with time and time is never ending

Old 02-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dteed4094 View Post
Don't decide until you've looked at the Savage 64 series.
What do you like about the savage 64

Old 02-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madderdaddy View Post
What do you like about the savage 64
Savage are great, very very accurate, BUT....

Compared to parts availability and upgrade options...Ruger 10/22....

Old 02-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #26

Liked 60 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Savage:American made,Accurate,American made,Realistic price,Did I say American made

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dteed4094 View Post
Savage:American made,Accurate,American made,Realistic price,Did I say American made
Good point about the american made so ill def. go check one out. But on one hand i bought a Henry (American made) .22 leveraction and was quite dissapointed to find the reciever to be cast. IMO they could have done better even though it was the bottom line .22 it was still a $300 .22

Old 02-24-2010, 02:04 AM   #28

I have a Savage 64 and am less then thrilled with it. Fit and finish are so-so and it jams more then it should. I'm VERY happy with the Savage Mark II I have but if I was buying a semi-auto .22 again it would be a 10/22.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:10 AM   #29

Just went to wally world and picked up a marlin model 60 and a box of bulk federal ammo. I think i made a good choice. I will be scoping it and making it my "squirrel buster"

Old 03-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #30

I've currently got a 10/22 carbine, the cheapest model. It's a wonderful little rifle. But, before you run off and get one, take a careful look at the Marlin 60.

There's been a "bazillion" of these things built over the years, and they've always worked marvelously. I've also got one of them which I wouldn't trade for anything. Had it for years. Most of them are really accurate, and they usually are a little cheaper than the Ruger. Granted, there aren't near as many updating, changing, modifying accesories available, as there are for the 10/22. But, most of us don't do those things anyway. The only modfication that I've ever done to my 10/22 was to put one of those magazine release levers on it. The mag was pain in the butt to get out. I haven't found anything that I really needed to do to the 60.

Just thought I'd give you another avenue. Not saying don't buy the 10/22. Just saying, take a look at both.

Good luck.

SgtSam