What .22 is best? - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

What .22 is best?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
If I am to get a .22 what do you guys recommend out of these 3
Remington 597
Remington 597 vtr
Ruger 10/22
I want something that's going to be accurate and reliable. I like how the 597 automatically ejects the magazine for you and I like the look of the 597 and 597 vtr better than the ruger. Are they mire accurate than the 10/22? I plan on using whatever gun I get for squirrel and rabit hunting.
This is my very first reply on ths sight so i gues here it goes. Ive owned both of those guns and have had many 10 22s over the years, by far i would choose the ruger. There is so many things you can do with a ruger thats not an option wint the remington. Personally i think for the money a cz 452 is the best rimfire on the market, remember i said for the money. and for me a bolt action is the way to go.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #92

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
I have a tube fed model 60 it was my first gun and I would definetly not recommend it the tube is a hassle to fool around with.
That sure isn't my experience. I love tube mags. They're incredibly easy to load and far easier to load than a stock 10/22 mag. My thumbs hurt just thinking about loading one of those round mags and they doing it again every 10 shots. I can drop bullets into a tube mag rifle. And that's not just Marlins. Remington, Savage and other companies make tube fed rifles or they have in the past.
Busdriver Likes This 
Old 12-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #93

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Please be patient i havent figured this out yet, i thought i replied but i gues not, ive owned both guns and had no trouble with either but i do favor the ruger because theres a lot of hop up parts for it. They can be made to shoot very well. However for the money i feel a cz 452 bolt action is really hard to beat, they are very accurate and the triggers are easy to fine tune, i have several and two of them i shoot in matches, both have trigger pulls under a pound.
Bobwrc Likes This 
Old 12-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #94

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Ok so what do you guys think(sorry, I know I ask this alot) say I'm at the gun store and I see a wars 10 for 500$ or an sks for 300$ do I still get the .22? Just want to see what y'all think again.
I like both guns however the ak wassr 10 is my choice, what alot of people dont realize is whe the {zombies} start coming a person can only pack so much ammo in 762x39 but you can carry three to four hundred 22 rounds in each pocket. kel-tech makes a 22 mag auto pistol that holds 30 rounds in one clip, something to think about.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busdriver View Post
Please be patient i havent figured this out yet, i thought i replied but i gues not, ive owned both guns and had no trouble with either but i do favor the ruger because theres a lot of hop up parts for it. They can be made to shoot very well. However for the money i feel a cz 452 bolt action is really hard to beat, they are very accurate and the triggers are easy to fine tune, i have several and two of them i shoot in matches, both have trigger pulls under a pound.
Amen; regarding your comments about the CZ 452.
Most often; you get what you pay for, and the CZ 452. (or 455) is the best buy for the buck.
Granted, the Ruger 10-22 is a good low price rifle, but it can't compare to the CZ without after market updates and improvements being made. If sport use like plinking cans, plastic bottles, golf balls, etc., is one's primary interest, the Ruger 10-22 is hard to beat, and as many have already said; it can be made even better with after market replacement parts and add-ons.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:33 AM   #96

ruger 10/22. the bolt hold open is a little awkward at first, but u get used to it. not to mention all the aftermarket stuff.

Newest Threads