Western Style .22 Rifle for the Lady Friend
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Western Style .22 Rifle for the Lady Friend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 02:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Western Style .22 Rifle for the Lady Friend

My Girlfriend god love her wants herself a .22

But not just any .22....a western style. She's shots more guns than me almost and love Annie Oakley and the likes

She wants something that looks like this

But in semi-auto.

Can you guys help me find a model and gun for the little girl

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-30-2009, 03:04 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

You thinkin' 'bout shootin' that goofy hat off the dog?

Seriously, I don't know of any semi auto that looks like a lever action. There are pump .22's out there and there are some great .22 levers.

Henry and Marlin and maybe Puma make nice levers.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-30-2009, 03:05 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Maybe somebody else here knows of one, but I can't think of anything even close. Sorry.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-30-2009, 03:08 AM   #4

Well it doesn't have to look like a lever...just western like style.

I tried to get her into the Pink 10/22s but that's a no go....she likes them....but she's a Southern Wood loving bell.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:47 AM   #5

Do you want a tube fed?

S.S.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:16 AM   #6

I think tube fed or magazine is fine with her.

She was oggling a 500 dollar browning a while back that was tube fed....but that's just to damn much for a .22.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:55 AM   #7

Didn't Annie Oakley use slide action rifles at some point? Henry and Taurus are western style.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #8

You have a tough order to fill. Western styling and semi-auto are rather difficult to find in the same package. There are a few rifles that might fit the bill, you might run these by her and see what she thinks.

Marlin Model 60 - (Marlin) At the low end of the price spectrum and by all accounts seems to function reliably. I have never owned one so I cannot attest to the accuracy, however they have been in service for a while.

Ruger 10/22 Classic Carbine - (Ruger) This is a special run of the Ruger 10/22 that is being done by Talo. It is supposed to be modeled after European styling, but it has a western feel with the straight grip. The nice thing about the Ruger is there are parts damn near everywhere. There are also a lot of people around who work on them since they are so simple and modular.

Browning Semi-Auto Grade I - (Browning) This would be the high end of the spectrum. This rifle has been around for a very long time, so it might be possible to get a nice condition used one, though YMMV. This rifle is a real classic and it would be hard to go wrong.

Just my $.02, but I would be proud to own any of them. Hope this helps.

"I have always felt that a politician is to be judged by the animosities he excites among his opponents." - Winston Churchill

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

Old 07-31-2009, 10:12 PM   #9

Aye.

Yeah there was a browning like that for 500 bucks but man....500 for a .22?

But she likes it you know.

I'll try to clue her into the 10/22 classic though....she might like that.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #10

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

Why does everyone assume that all 22 lr guns need to be cheap as hell?

I good quality 22lr will get more use and be just as accurate if not more accurate than a centerfire. You still have to machine the thing just like a centerfire rifle. They still have to test the design before putting it on the market. 99% of the step to make a centerfire go into making a rimfire. So again why should the be so much cheaper.

I would much rather spend $1200 of a good quality accurate 22lr than a centerfire any more.

IF you want cheap then get a dam mossberg international 702 or 802 plinkster. you will be bitching in a few days when it breaks and will not shoot anything small than a bowling ball.