Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Weak Spring ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 11:05 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I don't trust anyone to clean my guns or change the oil in my vehicles. If I win the lottery, I will still clean my own guns. I might consider having my oil changed by someone else.
i would probably still do both myself. i still remember being quite young and seeing my aunt pull into my grandmothers driveway in her ford taurus, smoke billowing out. she had taken her car to jiffy lube, when she arrived to pick her car up, the entire engine was covered in oil. the computer had told them to put 5 gallons of oil in, instead of 5 quarts

Old 09-02-2009, 01:23 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTsouthpaw View Post
i would probably still do both myself. i still remember being quite young and seeing my aunt pull into my grandmothers driveway in her ford taurus, smoke billowing out. she had taken her car to jiffy lube, when she arrived to pick her car up, the entire engine was covered in oil. the computer had told them to put 5 gallons of oil in, instead of 5 quarts
They may have blamed it on the computer, but I would almost bet money that someone read it wrong.

Sorry to get off topic, but I would think its the dirty tube as well. The only reason that spring would get weak that I could think of is if someone left it full of ammo for a LONG time. Just my .02.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"