Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > We need a new .22 competion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 172 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 281

Default We need a new .22 competion

What would you all think about a .22 3 gun match? You would have a handgun, a close range assault type rifle in .22, and then a bolt action or accurized semi to take care of the long range work. I have been thinking about putting something together in my hometown because I want to compete in a scenario type shoot while not breaking the bank on ammunition.

Let me know if you think it would be fun, and maybe I will start one up in a month or so and let you all know how it works out.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Make it one gun and you will get more competitors. Not everyone has ( 3 ) .22's lying around.

Have a .22 pistol tourny and a 10/22 tourny and I bet you get a ton of members wanting to play....

Old 10-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #3

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

No .22 pistol here, just the old model 90 Win. pump. I'm ready for that category any time.

Open sights, 25 yards.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #4

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Our .22 pin shoots are very popular and lots of fun. Always nice to shoot a match using $5 in ammo. Same rules we use for the big gun matches except we only use the top 10 inches of the pins...

Old 10-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Tried to do a 22 rimfire match here it lasted a whopping two months and the second month only 2 people shot in it me and one other guy. That was it. at first everyone will say I'm in. then when it comes times to put up or shut up they all shut the hell up real quick.

Even the mod who rebuilt a gun just for the shooting we were doing didn't shoot.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #6

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yea, but it's winter and unless someone is traveling to Florida or somewhere else South, there should be folks around and interested again.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

My problem last time was getting out to the range and being able to use it correctly with all the other people out there going like gangbusters!!

I'll give it my best shot if it is set up. My only good chance last time it was raining and I forgot my camera.

I have a browning buckmark and a remington 597.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #8

Liked 80 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Tried to do a 22 rimfire match here it lasted a whopping two months and the second month only 2 people shot in it me and one other guy. That was it. at first everyone will say I'm in. then when it comes times to put up or shut up they all shut the hell up real quick.

Even the mod who rebuilt a gun just for the shooting we were doing didn't shoot.

I agree, just did not have enough shooters going out to shoot. I know I had fun while it lasted. Maybe we can try it again. I know that it is hunting season again, that might be enough to get people out to shoot. The same thing happened to my Mini-14, 2-moa, iron sight shoot over on perfectunion.com. Every one wanted to participate and had claims of being able to do it, but no one would put up the proof. Was the same thing, put up or shut up and everyone shut up. I, so far, am the only one to go out and shoot and post results.

I hope we can get another rimfire shoot going here again........

Jim..............

Old 10-05-2009, 05:08 AM   #9

Liked 172 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 281

Well, I was thinking about a more tactical shooting competition like the 3 gun championships I see all the time on American Rifleman and shows like that.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:05 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah, I won't be able to do that. If we couldn't get enough people to compete in the rimfire comp then..........