Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Walther P22 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/walther-p22-2862/)

PAGLOCK23 12-30-2007 10:47 PM

Walther P22

How many on here own or intend to purchase a Walther P22?

Righteous 12-31-2007 12:04 AM

not me but we sell the hell out of them pistols in the store

NGIB 12-31-2007 01:04 PM

Bought one for my wife about 6 months ago and we're up to about a 1000 rounds thru it now. Great little shooter and my wife loves it. We have the long barrel kit for it as well and it's very accurate with either...

SimonTuffGuy 01-02-2008 09:28 PM

I have one and love shooting it. 500 rounds for $10 and it's very accurate.

My next purchase will be a .22 rifle. :)

slwarren 01-06-2008 10:11 PM

I bought a P22 last summer, since then I've put about 2500 rounds through it. It's a great gun, except it's very temperamental about what kind of ammo you use. Other than that it's very good, inexpensive gun. I highly recommend this gun.

Righteous 01-06-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slwarren (Post 13804)
I bought a P22 last summer, since then I've put about 2500 rounds through it. It's a great gun, except it's very temperamental about what kind of ammo you use. Other than that it's very good, inexpensive gun. I highly recommend this gun.

temperamental how? likes hot loads? brands?

SimonTuffGuy 01-06-2008 11:58 PM

I put the cheapest .22 rounds I can down my P22... Blazer Brass maybe? It's like $9.99 a box of 525 at Cabelas...

When I shoot it, I've never had a problem. I think one has failed to feed out of some 1000 shots... My girlfriend on the other hand? She can have a failed feed every other magazine... I'm not really sure what the problem is either, I can't see any sort of limp wristing, etc. Similar problems happen with my XD9 as well with her though and I've never had a problem.

slwarren 01-07-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

temperamental how? likes hot loads? brands?
It usually use Federal Champion ammo. It's about $10/box at any local store. I'm not sure what causes it. It seems to jam as it loads the round, it catches on the top of the barrel. I've never had a jam when it's ejecting the shell, just the loading. I've heard that Walther has changed the design of the clips ever so slightly. I'm not sure if this has fixed the problem or not.

Doug1627 01-29-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slwarren (Post 13815)
It usually use Federal Champion ammo. It's about $10/box at any local store. I'm not sure what causes it. It seems to jam as it loads the round, it catches on the top of the barrel. I've never had a jam when it's ejecting the shell, just the loading. I've heard that Walther has changed the design of the clips ever so slightly. I'm not sure if this has fixed the problem or not.

This might help. Taken from Wikipedia.

There are three revisions of the Walther P22 magazine as the original design was prone to feed failures. Walther corrected the issue by modifying the feed ears and adding a short 3/8" slot which allows rounds to stagger as they approach the top of the magazine. The second version of the magazine is designated with an 'A' after the part number. Later versions of the 'A' magazine have an elongated 1" stager slot which further improves the magazine's performance. Finally Walther has released a 'B' version which is made of thicker steel, has a tall spring retaining nub and retains the 1" stager slot.

dan@hamlettai.com 02-11-2008 06:06 PM

P22 ammo

Picked up a P22 recently with the long barrel and am enjoying it. Traded a Ruger MK III for the Walther P22 because I wasn't satisfied with the feel of the MK III. Also own a MK II Ruger and just got a Baretta Neos. Ruger and Walther seen to prefer hotter loads to reduce ftf problems, Beretta doesn't seem to mind anything. The Federal ammo seems to be quite dirty.

Walther is a nice little gun that I enjoy, accurate enough and ammo is certainly inexpensive.