Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Walther .22 Sportmodell

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Walther .22 Sportmodell

I'm trying to find information on a rifle I have. It is a single shot, .22 cal., checkered walnut stocked with a forward sling stud. The rear stud is missing. Open iron sights, receiver is grooved, barrel is also grooved so the rear sight can be adjusted for distance from the shooting eye, 25 1/2" barrel with the following on it: Sportmodell Walther (in a banner) then Meisterbuchse. On the receiver it has Waffenfabrik Walther and on a line below that, Zella-Mehlis Thuringen. All this in German lettering. So the story goes it was brought back from the war by a GI who took it out of a shot up German Staff car. It's barrel has some blue missing that looks like it could have had some blood on it. I'm wondering when it was made, how many, model, value, any information would be appricated. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-16-2008, 02:20 AM   #2

Default walther 22lr

Look up carl walther Earl's repair servlice. walther hunting rifle.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:24 PM   #3

Default 22 Walther sportmodell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windriverbob View Post
I'm trying to find information on a rifle I have. It is a single shot, .22 cal., checkered walnut stocked with a forward sling stud. The rear stud is missing. Open iron sights, receiver is grooved, barrel is also grooved so the rear sight can be adjusted for distance from the shooting eye, 25 1/2" barrel with the following on it: Sportmodell Walther (in a banner) then Meisterbuchse. On the receiver it has Waffenfabrik Walther and on a line below that, Zella-Mehlis Thuringen. All this in German lettering. So the story goes it was brought back from the war by a GI who took it out of a shot up German Staff car. It's barrel has some blue missing that looks like it could have had some blood on it. I'm wondering when it was made, how many, model, value, any information would be appricated. Thanks.
I HAVE A WALTHER SPORTMODELL. No FIREING PIN. Had one made but haveing trouble shooting it. Won,t fire every time. Shells wont come out. rjduguay