Vortex StrikeFire
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Vortex StrikeFire

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Vortex StrikeFire

I am looking for a moderately priced (under $150.00) red dot scope for my
S & W 15-22. The guy at my gun shop suggested the Vortex StrikeFire. It's $150.00. I was wondering if anyone has one or has used one? I'm not sure what to get, but this scope looked good to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5666 Times on 2958 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Its a great red dot. Next best thing to a true aimpoint. Excellent no bs lifetime warranty. Vortex is located in wisconsin and service their products here. They are designed here but made in china. If it breaks they fix or replace no questions. Its a lifetime warranty regardless of who bought it originally.

Ive got the strikefire and sparc both hold up very well to 458socom recoil. I use the strikefire mainly on my mp15-22. Fantastic optic for a 22lr.

It comes with lens covers cleaning cloth 2x doubler battery and a mount. Very good deal.

Highly recomend it. Vortex is the best low cost red dot in the sparc/strikefire out there.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Its a great red dot. Next best thing to a true aimpoint. Excellent no bs lifetime warranty. Vortex is located in wisconsin and service their products here. They are designed here but made in china. If it breaks they fix or replace no questions. Its a lifetime warranty regardless of who bought it originally.

Ive got the strikefire and sparc both hold up very well to 458socom recoil. I use the strikefire mainly on my mp15-22. Fantastic optic for a 22lr.

It comes with lens covers cleaning cloth 2x doubler battery and a mount. Very good deal.

Highly recomend it. Vortex is the best low cost red dot in the sparc/strikefire out there.
Thanks for the info. I am definently leaning towards getting a strikefire. I think I'm going to ask my wife to get me one for my birthday (Jan 26th).

Old 01-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 75 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 112

I got one for my ar about 3 years ago. I don't baby it and it has held up fine all this time. I recomend getting it. I bought it through B&H Photo and at that time I paid $150 with free shipping plus a $50 gift card. I don't know if they still have that special.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #5

Liked 245 Times on 156 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Some I saw had pretty bad dot flare.
Might be better to handle one in person, screen for that issue, instead of mail ordering one (unless you like to send stuff back and forth).

Old 01-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I have three of them. Two with AR High Mounts, and one with the Hunter Low Mount. EXCELLENT Red Dot Scopes! The three I have, are all Green/Red Dot, so I can switch between the colors, depending on the background I'm shooting at.

For $149, you can't beat them for the price. I found some inexpensive batteries for them on EBAY, and always keep a few extra in each of my Rifle Cases. You shouldn't find it hard to locate one for $149. I think that's pretty much the going price for most Sellers.

Are you wanting to Co-Witness with your BUIS?

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Old 01-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #7

Howdy,
I just added a Vector Stinger on my 15-22. It is a red-green dot. It has the cantilever mount and has enough heighth to it that is comfortable with the straight stock. I just dialed it in and at 25 yards it is deadly. I first put a low mount red dot on it and couldnt get a good sight picture because it was too low. Well, have a goodun!!!!