Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > U22 Neos Beretta Pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default U22 Neos Beretta Pistol

Guys,

Has anyone tried the U22 Neos Rimfire Pistol of Beretta? Am Planning to buy one in our local gunshow. I read it can be fitted with a carbine stock and a replacement barrel whick is longer...any reviews please?

Thanks,
cgdeleon

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-16-2011, 01:44 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5118 Times on 2664 Posts
Likes Given: 310

check your local laws regarding mods to handguns. in the US its illegal to add stocks to handguns without federal approval. consulting an attorney or your local LE agency familiar with your local gun laws is better than advice on the interweb

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 07-16-2011 at 01:47 AM.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:57 AM   #3

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Jon you can make a pistol into a rifle anytime you want. You have to meet all the specs for a rifle though. You however can't make a rifle into a pistol.

I love the Neos. It does have a design flaw in the extractor and that is the weak link in the gun. I would recommend that you order some replacement parts for the extractor from Brownells when you buy one.

If it is illegal then why does Beretta Make the kit to make your PISTOL into a RIFLE? http://www.berettausa.com/products/u22-neos-carbine-kit/

Old 07-16-2011, 02:05 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

he is in the philipines. their rules may be drastically different. just dont lose the extended barrel or use the stock without barrel attached.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 07-16-2011 at 02:09 AM.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:24 AM   #5

My brother owns one and I've shot it numerous times. It's a nice looking gun, in the sense that it looks like it belongs in a sci-fi video game. I don't like the weight being shifted so much towards the barrel, but it's not a bad gun. It's also safe to dry-fire this 22 because the pin never hits any part of the receiver before being stopped.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
check your local laws regarding mods to handguns. in the US its illegal to add stocks to handguns without federal approval. consulting an attorney or your local LE agency familiar with your local gun laws is better than advice on the interweb
@JonM, Surely will check on that... Have you tried one by the way?? Will get the pistol initially by the way if ok...

@cpttango30, So the extractor is the weak link? Do you think they haven't improved on that by now?? I'll check our local gunstore if they have the part also...

@rice923, I noticed that also, it heavy infront.... but how's the accuracy?? ammo. feeding?? Is it choosy on ammo??

Thanks for the inputs Guys!

Old 07-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

No i passed on it didnt like the feel of the gun.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:09 PM   #8

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgdeleon View Post
@JonM, Surely will check on that... Have you tried one by the way?? Will get the pistol initially by the way if ok...

@cpttango30, So the extractor is the weak link? Do you think they haven't improved on that by now?? I'll check our local gunstore if they have the part also...

@rice923, I noticed that also, it heavy infront.... but how's the accuracy?? ammo. feeding?? Is it choosy on ammo??

Thanks for the inputs Guys!
No this gun has been made by 3 or 4 different manufactures under different names and every single one of them has had problems with the extractor it is a cheap part that is user replaceable. If you get one DON'T shoot STINGER or Yellow Jacket ammo in it. Stingers are what did mine in.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #9

Likes Given: 1

Default Neos OWNER

It never ceases to amaze me that people who don't own the gun can have such wonderfully strong opinions of the gun. I have owned the Neos (6" barrel with Stainless "Inox" finish) for almost 3 years and have been pleased with it overall. I had the extractor problem mentioned, contacted Beretta who took it back and repaired it and have not had the problem since. The extrator problem has been overcome, so don't fret over that. It eats all ammo I give to it without problem, from sub-sonic to hypersonic.

I also recently purchased the carbine conversion kit and have had a small problem with that. Beretta asked me to ship it to them to see what might be at issue. I sent it off yesterday and they will receive it Friday. We shall see what comes of that. The problem I was having was that the trigger wouldn't reset with the charging process. I have been pleased with Beretta's service, so see no reason to fear here. The conversion kit here in the USA is completely legal if you do ALL the conversion, either way. You cannot legally make it a short-barreled rifle, so don't even think about that. The carbine balances beautifully and is loads of fun!

If you want a good .22 plinker, this one will certainly fill the bill and it will give you good service.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by markej4801 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me that people who don't own the gun can have such wonderfully strong opinions of the gun. I have owned the Neos (6" barrel with Stainless "Inox" finish) for almost 3 years and have been pleased with it overall. I had the extractor problem mentioned, contacted Beretta who took it back and repaired it and have not had the problem since. The extrator problem has been overcome, so don't fret over that. It eats all ammo I give to it without problem, from sub-sonic to hypersonic.

I also recently purchased the carbine conversion kit and have had a small problem with that. Beretta asked me to ship it to them to see what might be at issue. I sent it off yesterday and they will receive it Friday. We shall see what comes of that. The problem I was having was that the trigger wouldn't reset with the charging process. I have been pleased with Beretta's service, so see no reason to fear here. The conversion kit here in the USA is completely legal if you do ALL the conversion, either way. You cannot legally make it a short-barreled rifle, so don't even think about that. The carbine balances beautifully and is loads of fun!

If you want a good .22 plinker, this one will certainly fill the bill and it will give you good service.
i didnt comment on its quality or shootability all i said was i didnt like ergo feel of it when i was shopping for a new 22