Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   U22 Neos Beretta Pistol (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/u22-neos-beretta-pistol-45272/)

cgdeleon 07-16-2011 02:32 AM

U22 Neos Beretta Pistol

Guys,

Has anyone tried the U22 Neos Rimfire Pistol of Beretta? Am Planning to buy one in our local gunshow. I read it can be fitted with a carbine stock and a replacement barrel whick is longer...any reviews please?

Thanks,
cgdeleon

JonM 07-16-2011 02:44 AM

check your local laws regarding mods to handguns. in the US its illegal to add stocks to handguns without federal approval. consulting an attorney or your local LE agency familiar with your local gun laws is better than advice on the interweb

cpttango30 07-16-2011 02:57 AM

Jon you can make a pistol into a rifle anytime you want. You have to meet all the specs for a rifle though. You however can't make a rifle into a pistol.

I love the Neos. It does have a design flaw in the extractor and that is the weak link in the gun. I would recommend that you order some replacement parts for the extractor from Brownells when you buy one.

If it is illegal then why does Beretta Make the kit to make your PISTOL into a RIFLE? http://www.berettausa.com/products/u22-neos-carbine-kit/

JonM 07-16-2011 03:05 AM

he is in the philipines. their rules may be drastically different. just dont lose the extended barrel or use the stock without barrel attached.

rice923 07-16-2011 07:24 AM

My brother owns one and I've shot it numerous times. It's a nice looking gun, in the sense that it looks like it belongs in a sci-fi video game. I don't like the weight being shifted so much towards the barrel, but it's not a bad gun. It's also safe to dry-fire this 22 because the pin never hits any part of the receiver before being stopped.

cgdeleon 07-16-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 542487)
check your local laws regarding mods to handguns. in the US its illegal to add stocks to handguns without federal approval. consulting an attorney or your local LE agency familiar with your local gun laws is better than advice on the interweb

@JonM, Surely will check on that...;) Have you tried one by the way?? Will get the pistol initially by the way if ok...

@cpttango30, So the extractor is the weak link? Do you think they haven't improved on that by now?? I'll check our local gunstore if they have the part also...

@rice923, I noticed that also, it heavy infront.... but how's the accuracy?? ammo. feeding?? Is it choosy on ammo??

Thanks for the inputs Guys! ;)

JonM 07-16-2011 12:27 PM

No i passed on it didnt like the feel of the gun.

cpttango30 07-16-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgdeleon (Post 542722)
@JonM, Surely will check on that...;) Have you tried one by the way?? Will get the pistol initially by the way if ok...

@cpttango30, So the extractor is the weak link? Do you think they haven't improved on that by now?? I'll check our local gunstore if they have the part also...

@rice923, I noticed that also, it heavy infront.... but how's the accuracy?? ammo. feeding?? Is it choosy on ammo??

Thanks for the inputs Guys! ;)

No this gun has been made by 3 or 4 different manufactures under different names and every single one of them has had problems with the extractor it is a cheap part that is user replaceable. If you get one DON'T shoot STINGER or Yellow Jacket ammo in it. Stingers are what did mine in.

markej4801 07-21-2011 01:21 AM

Neos OWNER

It never ceases to amaze me that people who don't own the gun can have such wonderfully strong opinions of the gun. :confused: I have owned the Neos (6" barrel with Stainless "Inox" finish) for almost 3 years and have been pleased with it overall. I had the extractor problem mentioned, contacted Beretta who took it back and repaired it and have not had the problem since. The extrator problem has been overcome, so don't fret over that. It eats all ammo I give to it without problem, from sub-sonic to hypersonic.

I also recently purchased the carbine conversion kit and have had a small problem with that.:rolleyes: Beretta asked me to ship it to them to see what might be at issue. I sent it off yesterday and they will receive it Friday. We shall see what comes of that. The problem I was having was that the trigger wouldn't reset with the charging process. I have been pleased with Beretta's service, so see no reason to fear here. The conversion kit here in the USA is completely legal if you do ALL the conversion, either way. You cannot legally make it a short-barreled rifle, so don't even think about that. The carbine balances beautifully and is loads of fun!

If you want a good .22 plinker, this one will certainly fill the bill and it will give you good service.

JonM 07-21-2011 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markej4801 (Post 546675)
It never ceases to amaze me that people who don't own the gun can have such wonderfully strong opinions of the gun. :confused: I have owned the Neos (6" barrel with Stainless "Inox" finish) for almost 3 years and have been pleased with it overall. I had the extractor problem mentioned, contacted Beretta who took it back and repaired it and have not had the problem since. The extrator problem has been overcome, so don't fret over that. It eats all ammo I give to it without problem, from sub-sonic to hypersonic.

I also recently purchased the carbine conversion kit and have had a small problem with that.:rolleyes: Beretta asked me to ship it to them to see what might be at issue. I sent it off yesterday and they will receive it Friday. We shall see what comes of that. The problem I was having was that the trigger wouldn't reset with the charging process. I have been pleased with Beretta's service, so see no reason to fear here. The conversion kit here in the USA is completely legal if you do ALL the conversion, either way. You cannot legally make it a short-barreled rifle, so don't even think about that. The carbine balances beautifully and is loads of fun!

If you want a good .22 plinker, this one will certainly fill the bill and it will give you good service.

i didnt comment on its quality or shootability all i said was i didnt like ergo feel of it when i was shopping for a new 22