Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Types of .22 ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 02:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Types of .22 ammo

I have a Marlin .22 Glenfield Model 60. I'm just starting to use the rifle at the range and I'm just starting to learn about different ammo. My question is can I use .22 MWR TMJ High Velocity ammo in this rifle. The last time I fired the rifle I was using High Velocity LR ammo (which worked great) and this time I bought a different kind by accident (which is longer). If I need to take it back that's fine it's just that I'm going to the range tomorrow morning. If you can add any info on different .22 ammo out there I would much appreciate it. Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-27-2010, 02:16 AM   #2

Liked 1685 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 1131

I think you mean 22wmr. Anyway, if it is longer than the 22lr it is a 22 mag. Don't try to shoot it out of your rifle. The two rounds are not interchangable. I also hate to be the bearer of bad news. But to the best of my knowledge it is illegal for the store to accept a return of ammunition. You are probably stuck with it. I am sure that someone else will chime in if I am wrong. But I am pretty sure. I don't think it is just a Colorado law either.

I bet someone here would be happy to take it off your hands though. I don't have a 22 mag. Otherwise I would offer to.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:41 AM   #3

Thanks Rick1967, I would have hated damaging the gun or worse myself. Ammo sales are final in Indiana too. I guess it's time to buy another gun :-)

Old 03-27-2010, 02:46 AM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1115 Times on 643 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Want some choices? Here you go!

22ammo.com

Old 03-27-2010, 05:03 AM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoinixbird View Post
Thanks Rick1967, I would have hated damaging the gun or worse myself. Ammo sales are final in Indiana too. I guess it's time to buy another gun :-)
I like your attitude!

Old 03-30-2010, 05:24 AM   #6

Quote:
are you a member of the range you go to? is the range open to the public? and where at in indiana is it? maybe we can go shooting there sometime.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:57 AM   #7

I don't believe it is law here in AZ, but I don't know anyone who takes returns on ammo just the same.

*edit* upon examination of CRS, and ARS, I see no state laws regarding laws forbidding returns, but on several forums search results yielded the explanation of someone opening the package taking the factory ammo out and replacing with reloaded ammo, then an incident happening with the reloads and possible lawsuits...thus the store owner cannot guarantee the authenticity of ammo *edit*

Last edited by efaz1; 03-30-2010 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Updated

Old 03-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Put it for sale on armslist, but thats having the ammo laying around is a good excuse to tell the old lady you need another gun

Old 03-31-2010, 07:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeep2002 View Post
are you a member of the range you go to? is the range open to the public? and where at in indiana is it? maybe we can go shooting there sometime.
It's in New Castle, IN it's at the Wilbur Wright FWA. It's open to the public and it's free! The range has 25 yd (handgun/rifle), 50 yd (rifle), and 75 yd (shotgun) lanes. It's a nice location, the 50 yd is covered, and it's paper targets only. Make sure to bring something to attach them with.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #10

Alright, I gave up and traded it for some .22LR ammo, lesson learned.

Tags
.22, ammo, marlin, mwr