Traded for a .22 Rifle
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Traded for a .22 Rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 01:48 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default Traded for a .22 Rifle

I traded a FEG PA 63 and two boxes of Silver Bear ammo for this Norinco copy of a Browning ATD22. We'll do the swap in a couple of weeks. I think it would be great to stuff in a backpack or keep in a BOB.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 07-25-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-25-2011, 02:35 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default CA357 You shoud be OK?

Ca357

RON L here

Well,I have had one of the Norenco copys of the Browning, and you should be ok? It's No Browning Mind you, but if your carefull about assembly and re-assembly and don't mess with that alignment the rifle worked like a charm for me? They are not common any more and PA-63 are a good gun as well,so I see ya about even on that Trade? I'd insist on a Firing check before I'd except it or a Warranty on it's operability as you'd hate to trade a working gun for an Inop one? That's my call Good Luck and let ya know how it turns out, OK?

RON

Old 07-25-2011, 03:04 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I've known the guy for quite a while, so if there was something wrong, he would have told me.

I had $150. in the FEG and the ammo was another twenty bucks or so. So I figure I've got about $175. tops in the trade.

I'd love to have the real Browning version, but this will work for now. I really like the idea of just keeping it in a BOB for just in case.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-25-2011, 05:16 AM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Nice trade. I sware you never hang onto anything, unless it becomes a project, for more than a month!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Great, then you should be OK?

CA357

RON L here

Cool, then you should be fine then! While not made near as well as the Browning, these are Nice Little Rifles and were popular when they were imported here and as I said, as Long as your carefull about assembly and re-assembly they Lock up tight and work well! I do like how they break diown and all, I only got rid of mine as the Previous owner had goofed up the alignment of the barrel and receiver and it gave me fits till I shimmed the inside of the reciever! The Real Think Browning is a uge Collector item and way out of my Price range as well! Gopod Luck and give us a Range report when you get settled in and shoot it, OK?

Old 07-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks for the tips Ron.

You're right Dune, it seems that I'm always looking for the "perfect" gun. However, my Sistema Colt will always stay with me.

Now that I'm (hopefully) on my way to a carry permit for this State, I'm on the hunt for a Commander size 1911. But, boy are they expensive.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Thanks for the tips Ron.

You're right Dune, it seems that I'm always looking for the "perfect" gun. However, my Sistema Colt will always stay with me.

Now that I'm (hopefully) on my way to a carry permit for this State, I'm on the hunt for a Commander size 1911. But, boy are they expensive.

Yes they are.........

Old 07-25-2011, 03:55 PM   #8

Liked 740 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 791

I like it CA! Good idea, I might have to do the same with my breakdown Winnie M63.. How much do Colt commanders go for? I have a buddy selling one for what I think is cheap... (But more than I got right now..)

Old 07-25-2011, 06:16 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

In this area, if you can find an actual Colt Commander, they're going for close to a grand.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #10

Liked 740 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 791

Wow!! I really wish I had the funds right now.. The guy I know only asking $500 with a couple of holsters and a bunch of ammo (not sure how much).. and yes it is a Colt..

A buddy of mine just got a Sistema Colt, but his was turned into a target pistol and is all fancy....