Thunderbolts - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 02:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Originally Posted by TimelyMeerkat View Post
I am new to firearms. I bought ammo for the first time today remington thunderbolt high velocity .22LR round nose cartriges in a pack of 50 for $2.00. I looked at several forums and see the thunderbolts are no good. Is this true and would the bullets destroy my new handgun.
No. Fire them.

If it is an auto it might not eject properly and jam in the action. I had this happen with a Walther P22. Some ammo brands would jam the action and wouldn't eject properly. I tried CCI Mini Mags in it and they worked flawlessly in the P22 so I have been using them ever since. I am sure there are others that will work fine also. With a revolver, you would not have that problem with ejection. The CCI's are $6.47 a box of 100. (I buy a lot of them) I do not know if that is considered expensive for 22's but that's what I shoot.

I have not tried every differend brand, and I am no expert. That is just my personal experience.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 11498 Times on 4967 Posts
Likes Given: 1886

Re: using mercury to remove lead- yes, it works- and we USED to do it here. However, since mercury is very poisonous, it is very difficult to get it here. With a 22, bronze brush and bore solvent takes care of most problems. For .357 Magnum, I use a Lewis De-Leader. Brass screen over a leather plug that fits the bore very tight. Have pulled CHUNKS of lead out out the bore after shooting a LOT of lead wadcutter bullets.
What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Newest Threads