Thompson Center R55
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Thompson Center R55

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 04:17 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default Thompson Center R55

I had a Thompson Center R55 Target Model .22 rifle for a while, but sold it. (what else is new?) Magazines were very expensive and the stock felt a bit unwieldy. It came with fiber optic sights from the factory and was very accurate out of the box. That rascal could shoot.

I'm kind of thinking that I may want to try one again when my ship comes in. However, I think I'd go with the R55 All Weather model next time.

Does anybody here have one and what are your thoughts about them?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-21-2011, 05:45 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Is the R55 the same as the TC Classic? I have one of those and love it. It is an adult .22, designed to shoot great.

Is it like the one in this pic? 2nd one from the top?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-21-2011, 06:01 AM   #3

Looks like the R55 is the updated version of the TC Classic. Su-Weet!

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The stock was like the top one in your pic. I didn't care for the foregrip, I was talked out of the Sporter model.

So, I take it you like yours?

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
The stock was like the top one in your pic. I didn't care for the foregrip, I was talked out of the Sporter model.

So, I take it you like yours?
The top one is an old 10/22, but I sold that last year.

The TC Classic/R55 is a great rifle. I've only fired it a couple of times, but it is very accurate. Mine is not 100% reliable, due to the match grade chamber, but TC says it is an easy fix if I want to return it. I traded a guy my Marlin 880SQ bolt gun for it.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 02-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The foregrip was grooved like the top rifle and being the target model, it wasn't a friendly rifle to carry or shoot offhand. If and when, I'll get something that's friendlier to carry. Although my 10/22 fills that niche pretty well.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
The foregrip was grooved like the top rifle and being the target model, it wasn't a friendly rifle to carry or shoot offhand. If and when, I'll get something that's friendlier to carry. Although my 10/22 fills that niche pretty well.
The standard versions are much better for carry.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI