Test Polymer AR 15-22 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Test Polymer AR 15-22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I looked at DPMS 22 and they are without a question one of the finest. But I have a complete weapon for almost 1/3 the cost of the DPMS (not counting the scope and mounts).
The main reason that I built this weapon was with most complete weapons on the market there is one or two features that are a compromise. And as I have found in almost all "complete ready to use anything" that is a problem for me.
I wanted to pick the parts for first trying to use as many polymer parts as I could and also to stay as close to parts that are the same as the big cal AR's. That is to say the same design, but lighter and scaled down for the 22.
The Chiappa upper uses a two peace bolt on a polished carrier that fits in the polymer receiver. This modular bolt & carrier works very well and make for easy cleaning and assembly.
And I can only say that I am having all kinds of fun shooting this weapon. And hope that it proves durable......time will tell.
PS I have shot over 2000 round to date still only the one FTE.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #12
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Wind I'm impressed with the round count. Outside of Thunderbolts, I have had less the 12 FTE's with my "Tacticool" Mossberg 702, which is now 2 years since purchased, and has about 2300 rounds through it...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Up till this weekend when I went to the range it had been cool, but this weekend it got up to 81°. And I found something about the polymer upper, after shooting two (25) clips I put the weapon down on the tail gate to reload both clips. And as I said it was 81° and the sun was good and warm, so when I started shooting again it was shooting low and to the right. And I had several FTE. I noticed that the side of the weapon that was up when I laid it down was very warm and the side that was down was cool. After the first clip it started shooting closer and closer to dead on again, and could not tell much diffence in the temp of the weapon form side to side. I then laid the weapon down but this time on the other side, and sure enough it started shooting low and to the left. Seems that the sun would get one side hotter and the polymer would warp and that would move the scope to make it shoot off.
So keeping that in mind anytime I am not shooting I will keep this weapon in the shade.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:53 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Update

I have been shooting the AR all summer and after the one time where I laid the gun down in the sun (not doing that anymore), I have not had any FTE or FTF the gun has operated without a single problem. I have now shot over 6000rounds! Over all I am very pleased with the polymer parts.