Ted Williams Model 34 Question

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Ted Williams Model 34 Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Ted Williams Model 34 Question

So I know this is a really stupid question but I would rather ask than have something bad happen... I was just given a Ted Williams Model 34 .22. Seems to be in pretty good shape. I have never had a tube fed gun before and want someone to explain to me the proper way to load it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2013, 12:42 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Drop the bullet in with the lead end up, rim down, just like you would load A bolt action. I hope this is plain enough so you can understand.

He Who Expects Nothing Won't Be Deceived!!!

Old 01-01-2013, 01:17 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8835 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

For an underbarrel tube- place gun on safe, tilt muzzle up at a 45 degree angle, and turn gun so that trigger is up. Twist the end of the magazine tube to unlock it, pull tube out until the loading port is open. Drop cartridges in the opening one at a time, bullet towads the muzzle. When you have loaded the number of rounds the rifle holds, slide tube back down, twist to lock in place. Turn rifle back over, operate bolt to chamber a cartridge.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

jwcloutier Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Thank you very much. Its as I though but better safe than sorry right? Figured this would be the place to get a good answer. Thanks again.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #5

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcloutier View Post
Thank you very much. Its as I though but better safe than sorry right? Figured this would be the place to get a good answer. Thanks again.
Well done

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8835 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

Sometimes it is less costly/painful to ask a question than to wing it. And that is FAR from the worst question ever asked here- trust me on that!

Matter of fact, we may put together a "Worst Question Ever Asked" thread. But the people that have asked how they can make their illegal/ homemade full auto/ silencer work better already have 1st Place Dumbass sewn up. The guy shooting .32 ACP out of a blank pistol gets 2nd place.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 01-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #7

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Sometimes it is less costly/painful to ask a question than to wing it. And that is FAR from the worst question ever asked here- trust me on that!

Matter of fact, we may put together a "Worst Question Ever Asked" thread. But the people that have asked how they can make their illegal/ homemade full auto/ silencer work better already have 1st Place Dumbass sewn up. The guy shooting .32 ACP out of a blank pistol gets 2nd place.
Shoot- not even in the top 50
Great idea on the thread--

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 01-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #8

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnjoer View Post
Drop the bullet in with the lead end up, rim down, just like you would load A bolt action. I hope this is plain enough so you can understand.
There are no bad questions, just questionable answers.